• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Feels like a dumb question

No I haven't. What do i do fir that again?

Well, it'll let you verify that the network connectivity issues you are experiencing aren't a result of a faulty radio.

You basically just flash a stock ROM and ask sprint to do a radio check. About 10-15 minutes later theyll either clear it that's its good or you'll have a replacement device because it was defective.

If the radios are fine, you know its either software related or network related

Upvote 0
I took it in today, the "senior sales rep" as his tag read. said that my radios were fine and my problem was that I was using LTE/CDMA/EvDo and not CDMA/EvDo. his explanation was that since LTE isn't active in my state, it ruins my data connection. I feel lied to and cheated out of service...

Upvote 0
just flashed a new nightly and connection is still messed up. firstis cdma/evdo second is lte/cdma

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357900892294.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357900892294.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 67
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357900937702.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357900937702.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
Its the same thing as undervolting you may have heard about for the OG.

The kernel controls not only how fast the cpu is running but also how much battery juice it is getting.

Over/under clocking affects the speed, over/under volting affects the juice. In general, less juice=better battery life, but not all phones can handle it.

Many apps can change voltages

Upvote 0
I haven't messed with voltages at all on this phone. But basically you download an app that can make the changes and bump it down slowly until you hit instability, and then bump it up and leave it.

On my nexus 7 I go down -50 per day at all clock speeds until I get instability and bump it up 50 and leave it.

Upvote 0
just curious have you tried other roms other then cm10? my suggestion is to try pacman. it has given me the best battery life and performance yet. couple that with komodo kernel and i'm getting days of battery life. it has so many settings with rom control that is built into the phone's settings that you do not need setcpu or anything along those lines.

you can set over/under clock it, set voltages, governors all with in rom control as well as tweak the appearances of the rom.

just a thought.

Upvote 0
actually I've never used anything but CM roms come to think of it. not for a lack of trying, I tried to flash viper and one other on this phone. and I tried to flash quite a few others on my OG once upon a time. There was just always problems, parsing errors, bootloops. CM seemed to be the one that worked so I stuck with it.

Upvote 0
actually I've never used anything but CM roms come to think of it. not for a lack of trying, I tried to flash viper and one other on this phone. and I tried to flash quite a few others on my OG once upon a time. There was just always problems, parsing errors, bootloops. CM seemed to be the one that worked so I stuck with it.

well pacman is a combo of cm10, aokp, and paranoid aosp roms. honestly i would really suggest you try it, especially if you like cm10.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones