Fell in the pool...General

Last Updated:

1. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday I was setting up the tarp for my in-laws pool when I was walking backwards and didn't realize the step was behind me, I went in fully clothed Eris and all.

My replacement will be here Tuesday from Asurion, I was told out is a brand new one and not a refurb.

I did get mine working last night. Got all the water out and opened it up, took the screen and all out, I think I will just use it as a back up if something like this happens again.

Advertisement
  2. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

Aren't you supposed to send your old one back when you get a replacement? Otherwise you get charged full retail price for the phone.

3. cwcheese

cwcheese Well-Known Member

Yes, indeed you must return the original phone to the insurer. I have had two Asurion replacements when I had my old Treo 650/700 phones, each time they included an RMA label and instructions to ship broken phone (minus battery) back within 14 days or face full charge for price of a new phone.

4. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

what if you lose it or gets stolen and you have the Asurion insurance

do they still replace it.

5. cwcheese

cwcheese Well-Known Member

yes, they will replace it but you are likely to have to provide a police report of some sort to prove it is stolen. Here is a page from the my Asurion brochure telling about lost property.

Attached Files:

6. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I got my replacement refurb insurance phone Tuesday. Problem is, that phone was obviously taken apart. Light coming thru from around the screen, trackball loose. So I called Asurion yesterday to inform them about it and asked for a replacement for my replacement, and they were very happy to accommodate me. I asked for a brand new Eris and that is exactly what I got. Brand new in an Eris box, everything sealed and wrapped. :) I have it charging up now and will start it up tonight. It will be interesting to know if it will have 1.5 or 2.1. My guess, 1.5.