• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Few Droid X Questions

Atlas912

Apr 8, 2010
I just received the Droid X and had a few questions.

1. On my HTC Incredible there was a widget that came stock with the phone that had the capability to turn off and on 3G. I do this to help turn off any type of radio, I do it for wi-fi and bluetooth when I am not using my phone. I would get pretty good battery life out of my Incredible that way. There doesn't seem to be any type of widget or setting to do so. How ever when I turn on wi-fi the 3G icon disappears, does that mean 3G is being turned off since wi-fi is available? Is there an app on the market which can turn off 3G but works for CDMA phones, all of them say they can't :( When I run speed test on the droid I am getting about 2mbps download withif 1 mbps upload, compared to my incredible which is getting 9mbps down and like 2mbps up. Why is my wi-fi that slow on the droid x?

2. I have the screen unprotected currently and am looking into getting a case. Should I worry about a screen protector? Does the X have the same Gorilla Glass as the original droid?

3. On the Incredible I used a battery widget and a task killer. I am still going to use my automatic task killer sparingly when the phone has too much open at once and I want to free up some RAM. But the battery widget (batterytime light) was merely a number that I would look at to see about how much longer in the day I would have to charge my phone haha. Is it necessary on the Droid X to use battery time light or even a task killer? Are there better ones available? Perhaps together?

4. Lastly, what is everyones opinion of the X?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones