• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Few DX issues

JrzDroid

Android Expert
Nov 30, 2009
NJ
I've got some issues and was wondering if anyone else has em/ knows a fix.

I use dolphin browser and every so often i get a Android Webkit issue. I'll go to a site and it'll load, then load a new page showing the webkit issue.

Also, when i plug the DX in to a computer it doesn't always let me change from Charge to anything else. I'll click USB and hit ok and it stays on Charge. Needs a phone reset to let me switch.

The update was supposed to give us a LED charge light, well i got the update and have no charge light.

Also, can't get the DX to connect to a WiFi connection. Someone said something about turning off 806n and keeping 806g on but i don't know that much about wireless routers

You should be able to drag the status bar down from the top to change your usb connection.

yea when i do that, and click USB, it doesn't change.

The update does not give you a charging led. It fixes the charge indicator. I have the update, and noticed the battery does not drop like a rock at 30% like it used to.

ahhh ok, wish we could have a charging LED

Upvote 0
The update does not give you a charging led. It fixes the charge indicator. I have the update, and noticed the battery does not drop like a rock at 30% like it used to.

If you are charging and the phone is powered down, you'll see a (very bright) charging LED indicator. I saw this right after the update last week.

Wish it would come on when the phone is on, though.

edit: I just went to snap a picture of this and the silly thing would / does not light up. I did see the animated battery with the green lava sloshing around inside. The charge is at 90%...I'm pretty sure when I saw it last week right after the update it was much less, so maybe that percentage has something to do with when/if it displays. I'll post back later after my charge declines.

Upvote 0
If you are charging and the phone is powered down, you'll see a (very bright) charging LED indicator. I saw this right after the update last week.

Wish it would come on when the phone is on, though.

edit: I just went to snap a picture of this and the silly thing would / does not light up. I did see the animated battery with the green lava sloshing around inside. The charge is at 90%...I'm pretty sure when I saw it last week right after the update it was much less, so maybe that percentage has something to do with when/if it displays. I'll post back later after my charge declines.

Apologies for quoting myself :D:

edit: I just posted the following portion in the http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-droid-x/132362-charging-notification-light.html thread:

I just tried the following:

1. powered-down the X, plugged phone into wall-charger: no LED indicator, but phone powered itself back on and rebooted without me pressing the power button (wth?)

2. powered-down the X, plugged phone via USB cable to laptop; no LED indicator, phone powered back on and rebooted (still confused that its doing this)

3. powed-down the X, did a battery-pull, plugged phone into wall-charger: LED indicator came on for almost two seconds, then disappeared; phone then restarted w/o pressing power button

4. powered-on the X, plugged-in to both wall-charger and USB (no, not at the same time :D): no LED indicator

Does anyone else's phone power back on and reboot from a completely powered-down state after plugging it in to a charging source? My Eris did/does NOT do this.

Upvote 0
Scary Alien,

Just checked mine.

1. Powered down, plugged DX into laptop via USB, 1 second of charging led and the DX booted up. (USB was in PC Mode)

2. Switched USB to Mass Storage, powered down while plugged in. Stays powered down, have green charge LED.

3. Was still powered down. Unplugged usb, plugged back in, and it boots. (Still in Mass Storage mode.)

My phone is rooted... if that makes a difference. Also I'm not running any custom launchers.

Also, I can't get the sloshy green lava battery to show up. :*(

Upvote 0
Scary Alien,

Just checked mine.

1. Powered down, plugged DX into laptop via USB, 1 second of charging led and the DX booted up. (USB was in PC Mode)

2. Switched USB to Mass Storage, powered down while plugged in. Stays powered down, have green charge LED.

3. Was still powered down. Unplugged usb, plugged back in, and it boots. (Still in Mass Storage mode.)

My phone is rooted... if that makes a difference. Also I'm not running any custom launchers.

Also, I can't get the sloshy green lava battery to show up. :*(

Fenotyp, thanks for trying this too. I'll have to try #2 above and see if the LED stays lit. I don't think there's anything wrong here, just a little confusing and possibly erratic--that's not a bad thing, right? :eek:

I'm sure there'll be updates from Moto that will fix this (or at least make it more consistent)...(Froyo, maybe?).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones