• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Few issues with my S3 - Chrome + Play Store

waz7744

Lurker
Jul 28, 2013
Hello,
I seem to be having an issue where by when I go onto google images to download (save image) any image, it will download the image but take at least 15-30 minutes to display the image in my gallery... I've asked friends to do it on their S3's, and instantly its in their gallery... is there anyway of fixing this? I've tried uninstalling chome, and reinstalled it, but the same issue occurs, I've downloaded an image from the default internet app and straight away its available to view in my gallery. Does anyone know or experienced this issue before? ... I was thinking of factory restoring my phone, but I need to make sure I create a full back up of the phone, apps, contacts, accounts etc.

STORE
The other issue I have is that every time I turn off my phone off/on or restart it, that's when updates for the store start appearing to tell me to update apps, but only when the phones restarted? Could this be to do with a setting? Or is my phone just messed up?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Not sure about the gallery issue but if you need to do a back up stock on your phone try here from the app store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.backup.titan.ads

They have others but this is a general idea. As far as your contacts go that sould be already backed up on google. If your uncertain just go to your settings and go to account see google and do a sync. another way of doing the contact backup go to your contacts press the menu button and export your contact to your MicroSd card. Then import them when you finish the factory reset. My question to you is? did you flash your phone or using a rom? If so maybe it could be an app/something that the rom do agree with. if any luck just do the reset and save yourself the head ache. "Quote" "The dumbest problem is the one never solved"

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for your response, I have backed my phone up and done a factory restore and it still didn't work, then I restored the back up that I made, I then tried it again and still didn't work, I then factory restored my phone and it worked I could download an image and view it straight away in my gallery then for some stupid reason i did another factory restore and then the same problem occurred I'm sure it's to do with some sort of setting or media scanner within the device? It just frustrates me because it used to work before. I've not flashed or done anything to the phone, I had downloaded some clean up and memory booster apps but nothing that would affect the warranty.

I've just reset my phone again and it's now working fine, I'm just going to restore my phone contacts and I think it should work, I've also removed the memory card I have, I hope that doesn't affect it, I have a 64gb sandisk memory card. Looks like it might be an issue with the memory card just tried to download an image again with the memory card in and this time it didn't save straight away... Ok maybe it didn't work, I've tried everything now I think. When I'm in the gallery I click the menu button go to setting and and click sync they appear sometimes, but not all.... Maybe I should just use the standard Internet app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones