Few noob questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. matt_wong

matt_wong Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have some newb questions as this is my first Android phone.

1. How do I mark all my e-mails as read in Mail. say I get 10 emails that i want to keep but not read. How do i mark them as read without going into each of them.

2. My I got rid of my Facebook in auto sync to get my friends out of the phone contacts. Is there a way to show notifications.

3. Is there a way to make a ringer profile.

4. I installed a swype beta i found. when I turn the phone to landscape i get a screen resolution error even though I dont get a keyboard. Can i disable the error.

5. Is there a GPS toggle on/off widget

Advertisement
  2. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

1. Long press on email and select mark as read, or unread as you like.

2. Not if you have Facebook for android set up to not notify you OR if you have Facebook for HTC sense disabled, I think.

3. Other than assigning ringtones for different contacts I'm not sure.

4. Probably swype just not very compatible with the incredible, HTC sense more than likely the culprit.

5. Long press on an open part of your home screen, select widgets and from there either select one of th HTC goggles, there is one specifically gr gps, or select th power control, or power bar whatever its called and from that you can toggle on and off Bluetooth, WiFi, gps, mobile network I think, brightnesss. Hope that helps some.

3. soulfetcher13

Sorry for the double post.

matt_wong likes this.
  4. matt_wong

matt_wong Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, another question. Is there a way to not put my recent calls on the top of my phone book.

5. soulfetcher13

They aren't in your phonebook per se but when you bring up your dialer by default it shows your recent call history. Unfortunately there is no way to change this.