• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Few problems the Galaxy S5: Music, button location, pix

AppleUser

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2011
1. Sometimes after a call is terminated, the built-in Samsung music score starts playing, "Over the Horizon". How to stop it permanently ?

2. The right sided "on-off" button should be located more toward the top. Because it's opposed by the volume and camera trigger button, sometimes one shuts off the display instead of pressing the proper button.

3. During low light picture taking, seems one must turn off image stabilization. Otherwise, it will take seconds before the picture is taken and by that time the pose/scene has changed.

Otherwise, this phone is a gem… but haven't tried everything.

#1. no help for you.
... but, you might try using a different dialer app. I have been using exDialer for a long time, and that has never occurred for me.
is that because of the app? dunno, but it is worth a try, and it has an added benefit of allowing you to see favorites again w/o those damn photos in the way.

* ExDialer - Dialer & Contacts - One I use

#2 and #3, all common complaints for which there isn't any solution.
I just turned off Image Stabilization and forgot it exists. bugged me that much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones