• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ashjnk2010

Nov 16, 2010
UK
I'm sure my phone is telling me its near the time for an upgrade as recently its doing strange things..

Has anyone experienced these problems and if so, what's the fix???

My Back button has slightly sunk in. Its not as flush as the other 2 buttons and the button takes a deeper press than the others now???

I'm trying to put new music onto my Memory Card. Same memory card I got with the phone, never had a problem with it but recently I deleted all my songs to put fresh ones on but the fresh ones wont go on. They work on anything else, other phones etc but not mine. My old music still shows up but unable to play on the phone. If i access the memory card on my computer the new music is there???

I've got apps deleting themselves. I've virus scanned and nothing. Only happened recently when I noticed the eBay app had vanished. About 10 games and apps vanished. These have been installed for about 3 months and always download new apps from the market. But certain apps just vanish, any ideas???

Missed call notification keep popping up on my locked screen. Even after I view them they still pop up. If I call the number back, they still pop up. Only way to remove the notification is to remove them from the log. I once missed 5 calls in 1 day and i called them back. But even after calling them the phone still said 5 Missed calls. I have to remove them from the log. I don't like clearing the log as sometimes I might have to call a number back in a couple of days. Any fixes??

Thats all for now... Roll on my upgrade 24th December :D

I'm sure my phone is telling me its near the time for an upgrade as recently its doing strange things..

Has anyone experienced these problems and if so, what's the fix???

My Back button has slightly sunk in. Its not as flush as the other 2 buttons and the button takes a deeper press than the others now???

I'm trying to put new music onto my Memory Card. Same memory card I got with the phone, never had a problem with it but recently I deleted all my songs to put fresh ones on but the fresh ones wont go on. They work on anything else, other phones etc but not mine. My old music still shows up but unable to play on the phone. If i access the memory card on my computer the new music is there???

I've got apps deleting themselves. I've virus scanned and nothing. Only happened recently when I noticed the eBay app had vanished. About 10 games and apps vanished. These have been installed for about 3 months and always download new apps from the market. But certain apps just vanish, any ideas???

Missed call notification keep popping up on my locked screen. Even after I view them they still pop up. If I call the number back, they still pop up. Only way to remove the notification is to remove them from the log. I once missed 5 calls in 1 day and i called them back. But even after calling them the phone still said 5 Missed calls. I have to remove them from the log. I don't like clearing the log as sometimes I might have to call a number back in a couple of days. Any fixes??

Thats all for now... Roll on my upgrade 24th December :D

As for the Back button. That happened on my x10 the first or 2nd day I got it. It has been the same for 1.5 years now. I have two buddies with the same phone and neither of them have that issue. But it doesn't affect me.

Uninstall apps from the Market. Try that instead of removing apps from the application list.

How did you copy music on the phone in the first place? Did you use PC Companion? Maybe try and search for music using PC Companion.

What could happen, and I have noticed has happen to a few people is that after upgrading from 2.1 to 2.3 they no longer have the ability to remove files that were installed under 2.1. If that is the case. Unmount the SDCard from Settings->Storage or Privacy and completely format the SDCard. But before doing that back up everything you might want to save....like pics and stuff.

If I get a missed call, I have to open Call log and scroll to the top (even if it is at the top....just try and scroll up) and then it should no longer show that I missed a call. Do you use any other special call log app or dialing app?

Maybe some of these problems are happening because of an improper upgrade.

The 2nd thing I suggest the most is a factory reset.

After upgrading from 2.1 to 2.3 you are asked to do a factory reset right after you turn it on. Very few people did this.

If you don't it can keep old userdata files from 2.1 in 2.3. These userdata files and settings can mess with 2.3.

But before doing any of that, maybe try that other stuff. And do a Sync online for your contacts and backup anything on your phone you want to save.

If you have any questions...please followup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones