Few Questions about the s2 (otg/hdmi/etc..)Tips

Last Updated:

1. LinkKokiri83

LinkKokiri83 Well-Known Member

Starting off, having a hard time finding some answers to a few questions about the s2's usb otg support.

1. Somone have an ebay link to an otg cable they know for sure works, i have one that was cheap, but dont fully know if its the cables or my thumb drives and mouse/keybaord.

2. Doubtful, but the mouse keybaord id like to use (since i ahve them) if supported is a logitech k400r (keybaord, mousepad combo/ mouse is a logitecht m705.
    Both are using the logi unifying tech.

3. want to be able to read flash cards, ahve a 32 and 64gb pny thumb drive, and apowere 500 gig seagte external hdd, none would show up. 500 is powered, i plug the cable in and it does say cable deteced. I figure this may be a bad cable, i have 2 of them, neither go past saying its connected.

4 Hdmi out? Does this phone support it , and from experince, does somone know a cheap cable that works well if it does.

5. considering say the hdmi and flash drive plug in, is there a way to "split: say liek ausb hub, hdmi, power and flash same time, as well as a keybaord mouse. (powered hub is no problem)

6. who wants cookies? =D

7.im wanting to use this as a media player (thus why wirless mouse/keybaord is a bit of a must in a way, hooked up at the same time if possible)

8. xbox 360 wired and wireless controller, any ways to work them. phones rooted as well, sisxasis made ps3 connect.

thanks ahead of time for any help, just got the phone, dont know much about it, but i know what i want it to do, if it does. =)

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

you cant use everything in the port at the same time too much bandwidth needed to do that. It really sounds like you are trying to use the phone like a laptop. sharing media from it can be done wireless the phone supports connection to DLNA devices.

Xbox360 controllers?! really? leave those with your Xbox360. I did see the microUSB to HDMI cable at Best Buy, but don't know the price of it. As far as keyboards, I imagine you can get a Bluetooth one.
  3. AprilThe20th

AprilThe20th Well-Known Member

I have seen X box used on a few YouTube vids, but not sure what brand they used.