Few Questions about the Samsung Behold IISupport

Last Updated:

1. Summerbear6

Summerbear6 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello I purchased a samsung behold II and I have a few questions about it that I couldn't seen to find answers to in the manuals, or online searching.

Firstly on the cube if I go to youtube. I can't search for any specific video...so then I just go to the web browser and go to youtube.com and I can then search for the video...but when I try to play a video I get an error message "sorry, this video cannor be played." So my question is. How can I search for videos on youtube and play videos on youtube? Am I doing something wrong? What's the point of having youtube in the cube if I can't search for videos?

Second Question. I don't know about anyone else but the standard battery runs out REALLY fast for me. I tried to locate some power settings so maybe I can reduce the amount of battery I'm using and it will last longer, but I can't however find anything. Also I tried searching the internet for an extended battery and couldn't find anything either.

Third question. Wifi. Everytime the screen locks which seems to be everything 10 seconds...the wifi shuts off even though I have things running off the internet like ebuddy. I tried to look threw the phone and find some time of power settings or wifi settings. The only wifi settings I found was to change the specific settings on your current connect. Like the wep key and all that. Is there any other settings on the phone so I can have the wifi stay on unless I turn it off?

Thanks for reading and sorry if I'm asking to much at once. Trying to get everything answered so I don't have to make multiple post. I might have some more questions later but for now this is all I could remember to ask. Thanks again for stopping in and reading and hope to get some answers soon.

Summer

Advertisement
  2. behold_guy

behold_guy Active Member

first start off by stating what firmware you have or if you are using a custom rom. My guess is that your not. to find your frmware unlock the screen and go to the home screen by pressing the house button. From here press and hole the green call button when the voice command comes up and says listening say "phone status" loudly and clearly. then scroll to the bottom and read both the basband version and the firmware version that will help us to help you.

3. Summerbear6

Baseband Version T939UVJA3

Firmware Version 1.5

4. DynamitePress

DynamitePress Well-Known Member

Once you click on Youtube from the media cube, the layered icon browser shows the youtube home icon along with a bunch of top videos from the day. Select the home icon and then press the B2's Menu key. Search will be one of the options that comes up.

Disable/remove/shut off everything that you don't use, especially bluetooth and wifi. Turn them on when you use them and off when you don't. From the market you'll want 3 free apps: Spare Parts, Taskiller, and Switch 2g/3g. If there's a widget on your home screen that you don't use, remove it. Configure taskiller to kill tasks every half hour or hour. When choosing which tasks to have it ignore, remember that anything that's running will drain your battery, although some less or more than others. Spare Parts will simply give you a bunch of information about the use of your battery, among other things. Switch 2g/3g will place an icon in the notification bar (the drag-down bar from the top of the screen) to let you quickly switch from using only 2g (saves battery) to using 3g (if you need the data connection).

Also, go to the settings menu and do the typical stuff--set screen brightness to low or automatic, turn off any syncing or background data that you don't need, etc. Using the phone's transmitter/receiver always drains battery relatively quickly, so keep that in mind when choosing your configuration.

Hmmm...I don't have a whole lot of experience with this, and please clarify. Do you mean that it won't maintain an active connection with the screen off? Because if I lock my screen (even if I shut off Wifi manually), then come back to my browser later, my pages are still there. Are you trying to maintain some active connection with an application or something? Keep in mind that Wifi is essentially doubling your phone's in/out traffic by using a second transmit/receive assembly in addition to your phone's radio (what it uses to make calls and send messages). So keeping Wifi on will drain your battery very quickly.

Hope I gave you some useful info. The leap from a dumbphone to a smartphone is quite an adjustment, so don't worry if it takes time to get used to. Unfortunately, the B2 takes a lot of battery power. Be sure to condition your battery (full charge, full discharge, charge while off, then power back on to use) once or twice to help it learn what kind of life it can have. Other than that, disabling your unused items is the best bet. It's not uncommon to have to charge more than once in a day of heavy use, unfortunately. But with moderate usage and careful configuration, you should be able to stretch it to a day of use before an overnight charge. Light usage...your phone should last much longer. A locked phone with Taskiller lasts for days. But that's with very little use.

5. Summerbear6

Yes I want to maintain an active connection. I use ebuddy to message friends on other instant messengers. Currently I log into ebuddy and start chatting...I have to put the phone down for a few minutes...I come back and ebuddy says they lost connection or something...I noticed as soon as I unlock my screen the wifi icon isn't there but pops on shortly after. like it's reconnecting...

6. brightsn

brightsn Active Member

This is the reason that I can't use Pandora--no data plan, have to work with wifi. When I put the phone in my pocket or the screen locks, the wifi connection is lost.

Unfortunately, I do not believe that there is any way to fix this. Now, if you are instant messaging and are not putting the phone in your pocket, but just sitting the phone to the side while waiting for someone to reply, you have one option that I know of, and that is to flash the phone to 1.6 so that you can adjust the phone's settings so that it will never sleep. I know that it seems confusing at first, but it really isn't hard. Everything you need, including instructions can be found here :

http://androidforums.com/all-things...n-images-available-latest-t-mobile-stock.html

Just download the file and follow the directions very carefully and you should be fine. Familiarize yourself with the All Things Root section and read through some threads and you will probably feel a lot more confident about flashing 1.6 to the phone.

7. eschnit81

eschnit81 Well-Known Member

You can also download a program called AnyCut, off of market. It allows you to make shortcuts to built in android settings that are not accessible in the stock phone. Run Anycut, select activity, then scroll down and click on Wireless Controls. When you return to the home screen, you will have an icon called "Wireless Controls." Click on it. Once in the program, click on wi-fi settings ( should be second one from the top,) then press the menu button on the phone. Select advanced. Finally, click on wifi sleep policy. Click never. Now your wifi will stay on, till YOU turn it off.

8. Summerbear6

Actually with the 'spare parts' program that Dynamite suggested does the same thing. So I have it set on never.

I also downloaded taskiller but got really confused on how to get it all set up. Like what I should ignore and what I should keep. So I ended up uninstalling it. If anyone has suggestion for me on how to set up taskiller properly so I don't have to mess with it. I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again everyone for your help.
    Summer

9. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

When did you purchase the phone? If within 14 days, do yourself a favor and return it. Pick up either the MyTouch Slide or the Vibrant (on the 15th).