• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

few questions for inc owners

quadracer25

Mar 21, 2010
i order my phone threw best buy as they said usually it takes about a week and a half from the order time till i can go pick it up in the store. well im now going to on 2 weeks and cant get a solid answer from them.

so what is your best suggestion for getting it the quickest?

while i have had this waiting time iv been wondering on wether or not this is the right decision, because one

1. it seems like the updates for this phone are going to be non existant for this phone much like droid eris

2. should i just keep my dare for now and wait till x-mas time as it seems like there is always something new and great that comes out around that time much like the rumoured(sp) htc phone with 3.0 and bla bla bla.

im kinda of new to the smart phone but i did have the eris and got really irritated with the way the update took so long to get to verizion and the run around they gave the eris owners.

i order my phone threw best buy as they said usually it takes about a week and a half from the order time till i can go pick it up in the store. well im now going to on 2 weeks and cant get a solid answer from them.

so what is your best suggestion for getting it the quickest?

while i have had this waiting time iv been wondering on wether or not this is the right decision, because one

1. it seems like the updates for this phone are going to be non existant for this phone much like droid eris

2. should i just keep my dare for now and wait till x-mas time as it seems like there is always something new and great that comes out around that time much like the rumoured(sp) htc phone with 3.0 and bla bla bla.

im kinda of new to the smart phone but i did have the eris and got really irritated with the way the update took so long to get to verizion and the run around they gave the eris owners.

You could wait forever because something will always be new.

IMO - I'd change the order to get the Droid - X from Motorola. I've been thinking about ditching the HTC incredible because I'm pretty pissed off at the lack of real HTC accessories and their taking too long to make it to market.

Upvote 0
The best suggestion for getting it the quickest... be patient. It's not like there is a plethora of Incredibles out there. Backorders from Verizon can take up to a month.

As for updates for the Incredible being "nonexistant", what makes you think that? The phone is slated to get a fairly significant OTA as early as this week, and HTC has stated from the getgo that the Incredible was going to be one of the first phones that they push Froyo to.

Of course you an always wait, as there will always be something better on the horizon. Come the end of the year when Gingerbread is released, it might make sense to wait for LTE handsets. After they're released, it might make sense to wait for the next big thing... and so on and so forth.

Coming from the LG Dare and having test driven the Eris, I can attest to the user experience with the Incredible being vastly improved.

Upvote 0
If you really want the Incredible, you will have to wait... or call EVERY store in a 100 mile radius. I found mine at a Best Buy Mobile store. You just have to call every day. None of them know anything about the shipments until they are in house. Just call call call... or get a different phone. At this point you are probably better off getting a different phone. I love my Incredible, but there seem to be a lot of faulty phones out there and the Droid X seems like a great phone if you do not mind the bulk.

I do not anticipate any big releases this fall/winter, so I would not hold out for something better in the short term.

Upvote 0
Like everyone else is saying it is best to be patient if you want the Incredible because there are a lot of people on the list waiting. Nobody really knows when they are going to get their phone. Some have decided to switch over the Droid X due to Motorola having enough phones in stock at launch. It's not HTC's fault for their phone being delayed because samsung is now keeping their amoled screens for their phones leaving HTC in a hole in finding another manufacturer for its screens.

The choice is up to you. You can be put on the waiting list for the Incredible or take a chance with the Droid X. Either way you won't be disappointed when you get the phone. All Incredible owners love it and I'm pretty sure Droid X owners won't be disappointed as well.

But for me I'll get the phone that will be available the soonest. I have given verizon so much money over the years I shouldn't have to be put on a waiting list though I had to wait for the DINC but not a long wait.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones