Few questions from a new Inc ownerSupport

Last Updated:

1. mangler1055

mangler1055 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

Just got my incredible last friday and am upgrading from a storm1. I dont' have a woodchipper, but i do have a few questions. I couldn't find anything through searching, so help if you can please.

1) Lock: When the screen dims, it automatically locks. i then have to hit the lock button and do the swipe (or menu button) to unlock. This happens often when i have the phone on my desk next to me. Is there a way to allow the screen to dim, without the phone locking? essentially, so i can just touch the screen and have it come back to where ever it was before the dim. I have it set to not dim when it's charging, but how about when it's not charging?

Related to lock, is there a way to just have the button lock and unlock, without the need for the swipe?

If a 3rd party lock app is needed to solve these problems, that's ok. As long as they're free :)

2) Music: Any way to get an extended hold on the volume up hard button to advance a track? BB does this in the native music app and in Pandora. It's nice to change track while driving without having to look away from the road. Again, a market app solution would work fine.

That's it... Thanks for your help.

mangle

Advertisement
  2. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

+1 i have been looking for something like this too. i came from a BB storm 1 and it took some time to get use to but i did. you can change the tracks from the lock screen but thats about all i could find. sorry bud

3. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

Don't know about the track changing but Lockbot and WidgetLocker will allow you to unlock the phone without having to swipe.

4. cdpriest

cdpriest New Member

Nolock, from the app store works really well also...