Few questions?Support

Last Updated:

1. vnyislesv

vnyislesv Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my phone since May. I absolutely love it but theres a few things I'm curious about that I hope someone can help me with.

1 - When iPhones get text messages, the phone lights up on the main screen, not just the LED light. Is there anyway the phone can do that? Btw I hate the HandCent app.

2 - I send lots of text messages, is there anyway the phone can auto-delete them when it reaches X amount? It def slows the phone when you have 1000+ text messages already on the phone.

3 - When you type a word the phone doesn't recongize it tries to auto correct it. I have a few words I added by accident that were misspelled and I was typing too fast... is there anyway to delete them?

4 - Does anyone else notice when you type a word it doesn't understand, you hit backspace and then space (to add a new word) it doesn't put a space in between both words (the word before the newly added one and the new word just added).

Advertisement
  2. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

1. Not that I know of.

2. I'm using the stock FroYo - not Sense - messaging app (well, actually, I'm using Handcent, but I'm looking at settings for the messaging app) and there's an option in settings where you can set a message limit per conversation thread and set it to start auto-deleting the oldest messages when you reach that hard limit.

3. Menu, settings, language and keyboard, select the keyboard you're using (probably touch input), user dictionaries. Select the word and if you want to edit it, do so. If you want to delete it, just clear the text from the box and select OK.

4. I'm not really following what you're asking here.

vnyislesv likes this.
  3. vnyislesv

vnyislesv Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your help.

As far as #4, its just an annoying glitch I noticed with the phone.

When you add a new word into the phone, you have 2 options. 1, you type the word and hit backspace (it changes back to the word you want) and you hit space again to add it. When you do that, it adds the new word but doesn't put a space in between the new word and whatever word you typed previously. Example below.

If I was typing this into a text and it didn't recognizeTHIS word, it would look just like that. It doesn't put a space between recognize which it understood and THIS. See what I'm saying?

4. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

Just yesterday I was killing time in the Android Market and came across an app that did a neat job of bringing incoming text messages as a popup. I can't for the life of me find it now, I've checked all the logical categories and can't find it. I can't remember if it actually opens up main screen, like an alarm (which bypasses the unlock swipe)