Few quick tethering questions

Last Updated:

1. CrispenRaw

CrispenRaw Member This Topic's Starter

Now that I have that running I know I should keep it under five gigs a month. Is it true that since verizon displays my usage as kbs, that one million kbs equal one gb?

If so, I've only used up half that, and my month ends tonight. Am I safe to teher my laptop and watch some hulu tonight? Does tething use up anymore usage than if I could just stream it to my phone?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

give or take. That is a good estimate, but its more like 1 million 80 thousand and change equals one GB....

3. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

There is no limit on 'phone' data. So if you are using PDANet or the other wired tether app. it appears to VzW that you are just using 'phone' data.
    You can also click the link that says 'Show data in megbytes' and get a easier to understand answer.
    You can tether and do what you want to your hearts desire :p
    Just remember, abuse it and VzW might do something about it.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I disagree. Verizon can tell when you're tethering no matter whether it's wired or wireless tether. The question is, will they do anything about it. People say they will, but I have yet to hear of a single case where someone got smacked for it.

5. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

Ohh I agree 100% that VzW knows your tethering, and like you said when or IF VzW will do something about it is the $50k overage bill question:D