• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root FF27(Boost)FG11(Sprint) Baseband Manual Update

Ok so I had a tiff some where else on the site and the result is Im on probation. No post edit.

So for now this will be here sorry for the inconvenience.

Sprint FG11 baseband
Sprint FG11 baseband update.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95904711/basebandFG11.zip

zip checksum AF3BAE07808395342D3F0D575C41B751

Follow the instructions in post #2 of this thread. Obviously you need to change the file name in Terminal Emulator instructions to the name of this file.

Aside from previous thanks would like to thank xaelith for testing this.

niteNarmor deserves a slap on the back and a big thanks. He flashed back to stock and did the ota then had to reroot restore his phone so we could get this file.

As before this is free to use for what ever use you have. No worries about crediting me if you use it in a release.

Upvote 0
this worked fine on boost and took only 5 minutes, thanks much!

but dudes, i get like 600ms ping consistently, and slow download speeds when tethered ;(

is this normal?
im on the stock rooted newest samsung software by chevanlol and gang

thanks ;)

No most people have experienced a speed up or at least (in my case) a more stable speed with a lot faster ping time.

Im tethered via pdanet and using 3g with 3bars I hit a ping of 175ms and 920kbps DL / 500kbps UL and for some reason it bounced me off a server 1000 miles away in Alendale Mi.

Try a battery pull to wipe the cache.

Upvote 0
I've done everything as shown to no success.I have a Galaxy Prevail that somehow lost it's Baseband and hardware versions. I've flashed different roms, Basebands ff27 and fc29. Nothing worked. Any ideas on how I can Get the phoneback in working order. I noticed that my boot sound was gone along with all the rest of the sounds. It only vibrates. Thanks in advance.:thinking:

Upvote 0
I've done everything as shown to no success.I have a Galaxy Prevail that somehow lost it's Baseband and hardware versions. I've flashed different roms, Basebands ff27 and fc29. Nothing worked. Any ideas on how I can Get the phoneback in working order. I noticed that my boot sound was gone along with all the rest of the sounds. It only vibrates. Thanks in advance.:thinking:

This forum and those basebands are for the Samsung Transform Ultra. If you a a Prevail you should not be flashing these!!!!!!

The forum for your phone is located here: Samsung Galaxy Prevail - Android Forums

Reactions: PH8AL
Upvote 0
My Boost Transform Ultra is on FC29 baseband but is flashed to Virgin Mobile USA and everything works but MMS(which I'm sure needs a ROM fix to get it working) so....are there any gurus out there who would know if flashing a different baseband would make any difference? Note: I got a Sprint error 16 that I had to call in to get fixed before the phone's voice and data started working.

Upvote 0
My Boost Transform Ultra is on FC29 baseband but is flashed to Virgin Mobile USA and everything works but MMS(which I'm sure needs a ROM fix to get it working) so....are there any gurus out there who would know if flashing a different baseband would make any difference? Note: I got a Sprint error 16 that I had to call in to get fixed before the phone's voice and data started working.

I'm no guru, but I have both the Boost FF27 and Sprint FG11 basebands as flashable zips for CWM if you wanted to give them a try. Worst-case scenario as far as I know, 3G will be spotty. The Sprint one is from my phone immediately after the FG11 update rolled out, and has worked flawlessly for me.

EDIT: Just flashed the Boost baseband on my Sprint TU, and everything works just fine. Service is a little slow, but that's not the baseband's fault. Anyway, I tested the market, browser, phone, sms and mms and it all worked as it should. :)

Reactions: bads3ctor
Upvote 0

how you flash to virgin mobile

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones