• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fffffuuuuuuuuu

Thefoodman52

Android Expert
Dec 1, 2009
MY ALBUM ART AINT WORKING ANY MORE!!!11!!

The flying f$ck am I doing wrong?! I got the pictures on the SD card, saved in each individual albums separate folder, each names as AlbumArt.jpg. WHY IS IT NOT WORKING NOW??!??! Was there another way to do this?! My other 7 CD's on there with their album are done the same way, but they show up all the time.

I'm guessing that either way, to get it to work, I'm assuming I'm going to have to spend money... >.>

I have never had this problem to this date yet, until the last 'patch'.

Nah, it shouldn't cost you any money...maybe just a little time. On your computer desktop re-tag the mp3 files (or whatever your flavor is) and apply the album art directly to the music file. It is a little bit of work, but will pay off for you. No need to get all worked up over. You might want to change your topic title, or you may attract some negative attention from it.

One thing I noticed is that the stock android player would not recognize any of my album art unless it was in the first layer of the SD card file system. The first time I tried putting them buried in some other folder (DCIM) and it would not recognize the album art. I created a music folder on the main level of the SD card and it fixed the problem.

I would delete the old files from the SD card, and then restart the phone so it doesn't confuse the old files with the new files. After you've restarted, connect up the phone to the computer again, and add the newly re-tagged files to a new folder located on the base folder of the SD card (the very first screen after you open the drive on the computer).

Upvote 0
The AlbumArt.jpg per folder is the same rule as used by Meridian Media Player (free from market) - if it still works there, then you know it's the music player that got hosed - if it doesn't, you probably have a corrupt file or folder on your sdcard messing with you.

Fastest/easiest way I can think of to get there from here - and you might like Meridian better anyway - it plays more formats and integrates video viewing, for example.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones