FI22 UpdateGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-12-15 20:50:50
  1. Mechman02

Mechman02 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what changes this update made?

Advertisement
  2. Amaeloeze

Amaeloeze Well-Known Member

I got this yesterday morning too, I don't know what it fixed either.
  3. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna see I'll report back
  4. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

deleted

The Prevail has a log of firmware updates on the Samsung website but I cannot find a S2 log.
  5. kevincott

I submitted a Samsung customer service ticket and got this response:

'We are sorry to inform that as per now there is no such notification from Samsung on the referred device SPH-D710 for update of FI22, if there is any such update, it would be notified on provided weblink.'

SAMSUNG

edit: The interesting part is I started on FH31 and upgraded to FH29. I have never seen any FH21.
  6. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

So has anyone found what the update entails? My phone no longer gets bothered by updates as i used autostarts and turned off the Google framework that checks for it and bugs you.

Codegerm:rolleyes:
  7. Codegerm

yeah had FG31 when i got it and then an OTA update to FH29. I rooted it then stopped it from checking after that
  8. kevincott

Now I'm curious, according to Samsung website and Samsung Customer service we should be on FH21 not FH29.

Is any Boost galaxy S2 running FH21?
  9. Codegerm

I never saw that for an update went from FG31 that it came with to FH29

Codegerm
  10. jlcarrell78

jlcarrell78 Member

im on FH29
  11. robert93436

robert93436 Well-Known Member

im on fi22 as of yesterday how do we rooy this update
  12. Codegerm

root process should be the same. just put in the agat kernel via odin, and flash in superuser. the modem and stuff will still be your ner fi22, you will just be running the agat kernel (wich is upto 0.6.2 i believe).

Codegerm
  13. lkrause

lkrause Well-Known Member

My phone also updated to F122 on Saturday. If Samsung isn't acknowledging that it is an update, then what is it? Is it a virus or something?
  14. traciefly

traciefly Active Member

Is this a forced update?
  15. Codegerm

well the phone does auto check for updates, but if you are rooted, you can easily disable that. I have done that for mine (thanks autostarts) :D

Codegerm
  16. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

My wife got this update this morning. She called me about it to ask if she should update. I told her to hold off till I get home. It's probably to block root and to do other clean up to satisfy Apple and their minions. They might also be doing an update to block Foxfi. I know Foxfi wasn't working on the latest build... maybe Foxfi broke through and now Samsung is going in to patch Foxfi's new loop hole?

Either way my wife is not rooted, running complete stock. I think I'm going to let her do it when I get home. I'll keep an eye here and see if anything negative pops up.
  17. Codegerm

What bugs me is that Samsung doesn't list it as an update. So I am guessing it is a Sprint thing. I know they play the game of block rooting to which we find away around that. blocking Foxfi could be a possibility, but there are other ways of telling you are tethering without paying for it (one of which is just sheer data volume or connecting to things like Xbox Live). I would say if you have the update and it makes your phone start sucking, Just odin it back to original stock then root it and not allow it to update (IMHO)

Codegerm
  18. Aries2010

Aries2010 Well-Known Member

how do i stop this update thing from popping up
  19. Codegerm

DaddyZap likes this.
  20. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Ok. Yesterday night I did used it on my wife's phone. Everything went fine. Worked flawlessly. Took a while thought. Didn't see any noticeable difference. Update went smooth. Rebooted. Applied the update. Rebooted. Did some "apps being updated" or something like that. And a while later it was done.

For reference. My wife has a Sprint S2, flashed to Boost. I Odined the Boost firmware onto the device and now it thinks it is a Boost device. I did the usual meid and profile 0 too... I'm just saying that before someone thinks putting a Sprint s2 on Boost is as simple as flashing it with the Boost firmware....
  21. Codegerm

you wouldn't have to go through all that if boost would let you bring your phone instead of being a whiny baby saying you have to use their phones. *sigh*

Codegerm
  22. kevincott

23. m3shia

m3shia Member

do I have to disable all the google frameworks I see running?
  24. Aries2010

Aries2010 Well-Known Member

Does this update take away root?
  25. Codegerm

no just the one for updates. that one is the one that checks for updates.

Codegerm

NOTE: The one in questing will have "update" in the description when you click on it using autostarts.