Fifa 2010General

Last Updated:

1. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so has anyone found a good app that is good for the fifa fanatic?
    Is there an app that will be showing live matches? Maybe something like sprint is doing for their customers...i know that's asking a lot but one can dream right?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I was about to go into Market and click the little search icon at the top and then post app names that came up with "FIFA" in the search field.

But why deprive you of that pleasure, I thought. ;)

3. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

World Cup 2010 - FotMob
    Very good, just search world cup 2010 and you'll get it

4. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I know you're trying to be snide, but unfortunately, it's very easy to miss apps due to the way they're named and organized.

It's very easy to turn up no results just because you put two words separately rather than together. Try "Score Mobile" and "ScoreMobile".

It's always better to ask, especially if a search didn't turn up nothing. I've missed a lot of good apps until I found them here.

5. Frisco

Of course.

To me, though, apps are very, very subjective as to their usefulness, etc. It is good to make a post asking about them, but a consensus on this or that app is, in my opinion, slightly inferior to user search and experience; both are good.

Just look at the task killer threads. ;) :p etc..

6. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

...but we all think task killers are bad! Only some of us believe soccer is bad!

Ha!

;)

7. Frisco

I always thought WWIII would likely be ignited on a soccer ("football") field. Weeks-long riots have ensued from that sport, as well as at least one confrontation between armies:

El Salvador Honduras War 1969

"The actual fighting was brief. Despite early Salvadoran air strikes, the Hondurans eventually dominated in that area, destroying most of the Salvadoran Air Force. The Salvadoran Army, however, clearly bested the Hondurans on the ground. The Salvadorans pushed rapidly into Honduran territory before fuel and ammunition shortages and diplomatic efforts by representatives of the Organization of American States (OAS) curtailed their progress. As many as 2,000 people, mainly civilians, were killed in the action."

8. T2noob

I have searched but I have only tried a few of the free apps and I wanted to know if anyone had tried some of the paid apps and if they were any good. I don't want to start flaming but I was asking to see if any one had found any"good" apps, not if anyone had found any apps, unlike most people I know how to do searches. Either way I called off from work to see mexico's match so I don't need the app anymore ;p

9. Frisco

No "flaming" here, T2noob. None at all.. it's about more than one way of grabbing what you need; search is my favorite, as a matter of fact I don't think I've ever asked about apps in a forum.

Search also taught me about how to use it in Market.. different search key words on the same search give different results, obviously.

But these forums are about helping each other; we're all in this together whether we use the apps in question or not.

I'm sure you'll get lots of great suggestions.

10. BCEagle

BCEagle Active Member

If you want to pay 10 bucks a month more to Verizon, I believe you can download the VCast app and stream the games via ESPNMobile. I'm using the FotMob app, so far so good.

11. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

+1. I heard this the other day.

I am using the app 2010 World Cup and it's fine. 2010 World Cup - Android app on AppBrain

12. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

One of my buddies at work yesterday asked me if I was going to install any of the FIFA 2010 apps on my Eris. I told him that I was going to watch ALL of the games, what did I need an app for? :D

Its just in to the second half of the opening game (no score spoilers from me!) and I've got my terrabyte SATA drive ready to hook-up to my DVR to make sure I don't run out of space. I recorded all of the '94 games on 8-hour VHS tapes...man, what a pain-- but I didn't miss a game! :)

13. T2noob

Yea I remember recording all the games back in the day also
    Either way its was a pretty good way to start the CUP
    Thanks for the app FOTMOB i'm going to be using that when I get back to work on monday.

14. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

I'm glad this is only every 4 years. My husband wants to take me out tomorrow to watch US vs England at a bar in Boston. He thinks that would be a great way to spend the day together. Did I mention it's our wedding anniversary? Yeah. Romantic.

Of course, if he wanted to take me out to watch the Red Sox, I wouldn't object at all.

My name may be "Nomar's Girl", but I'm definitely not Mia Hamm.

15. jbaruch76

jbaruch76 Active Member

i just purchased a subscription for vcast. but i can't seem to find any live world cup action. there is one "channel" that seems to be for world cup but it has only clips from last time. probably calling verizon soon to get my money back. anyone know where it is? all i can find as far as live tv is nfl network.

edit - a little more research and it seems they have two services- vcast videos and vcast mobile tv. world cup is on mobiletv which is not available for the eris.

16. bentz98125

bentz98125 New Member

Yeah, so why the multiple webpages saying Verizon's Vcast Mobile TV is now available for its Android phones when Verizon's sites and tech support say it is not.