Figured out how to send MMS over Edge.

Last Updated:

1. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright. After messing with the settings and tryna figure this out, I think I came to a conclusion. When I set the camera setting on the phone to 3.2MP and the Picture quality to Normal, I was able to send an MMS Picture message over the EDGE network. I started trying to figure this out when I download FXCamera and noticed that it would send an MMS over EDGE. So I went into the settings on that program. I noticed the smaller picture with less quality sent, and the better quality picture didnt send. And I waited, and waited, and waited and still nothing.

So I put on the Default Camera App. I had it set to Super Fine and 5MP. I could never send an MMS picture that way. Switched the settings....3.2MP and Picture quality to Fine, and Bam. The picture sent. Give it a shot, tell me how it works out for you.

Nick

PS: Also, the picture would send over 3G in any setting but not EDGE. Use this way to send your MMS pictures messages all the time. Poor Edge lol Also, I only figured this out for a picture you take with the camera of your phone.

Advertisement
    ZDroid1 likes this.
  2. blazeplacid

blazeplacid Well-Known Member

thats kinda what I was thinking

videos have to be really small in data size also

3. Terrigno

Truth. The phones to advanced to send that MMS in real high quality over EDGE. 3G is fine.

4. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

I think there's something more at play for some of us. I can set the resolution to 0.3 MP, where the file size is smaller than 50K, and my MMS messages still won't send on Edge. I also scaled some test photos down below 15K, attempted to send them through MMS, and they consistently failed. However, as you pointed out, whenever I have a 3G connection MMS will send, regardless of the file I started with (since the phone will automatically scale down photos that are larger than a certain size, anyway.)

I wish I knew what the issue was with Edge, some are speculating it's related to the admitted issues from AT&T regarding their tower equipment. I haven't been able to test in other rural areas to see if the problem persists for me.

5. Terrigno

Did you set the picture quality to Normal? Not Fine or Super Fine. Try that.

6. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

Yep, tested it, but nothing. It just sits there saying "Sending" for a long while, then finally fails. This happens with 4 of 5 bars, on Edge. I'm nearly convinced it has to do with AT&T's tower issues.

7. Terrigno

Hmm. I see. Well, is there a way they can resolve this? Cause this just isnt right.

8. bogle35

bogle35 New Member

80kb mms seems to work fine...

1. I had a 80kb mms that wouldn't go out....forgot about it while AT&T sent me a test 4k mms message which I verified I couldn't recieve it

2. I verified I didn't have internet access with wi-fi disabled.

3. I turned the phone off while at&t reset my internet profile.

4. When I turned the phone back on....(the 80k message was sent at 1:28 pm), then the AT&T 4k mms message was tested to send it to my phone and I was able to send/receive it ok

5. a couple hours later...i verified a 160kb message will fail...I just tested the 80kb mms message and it worked