• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Figuring Voicemail and its settings.

Shutech

Feb 13, 2010
Ok I went from an OG droid to a Droid RAZR then 3 months later to a DROID RAZR MAXX complements of washing the Droid RAZR.

So pretty much this is my first experience with Motoblur and bloatware on a Verizon Android phone.

My problem is figuring out Voicemail.

On my OG I could go to settings and then go to Voicemail settings and add a few pauses and then my pin and # sign.

Then when I dialed voicemail from the built in voicemail it would put in my pin automatically I also modified the contact Voicemail to do the same. So p[rettymuch anyway I did voivcemail on my OG it dialed voicemail and entered my pin for me.

Well it seems that My RAZR MAXX I can't get some of this accomplished.

Voicemail is a VERIZON generated contact and the number is uneditable fropm contacts you have to edit it in settings.

I can go settings-->call settings and the first group is voicemail.

I Have Voicemail as MY Carrier
Second Option is Voicemail settings and the box that pops up is the *86 which I have added two pauses and my pin****and the #
Set Default Voicemail is set to Voicemail
Set roaming Voicemail is set to Voicemail

Now what this does and does not do.

In my contacts the Verizon Voicemail contact has what I set in the settings The *86,,****# and it will change with the settings.

I Have a Voicemail shortcut.

When I click on it it gives me a summary of new voicemails and a button to call Voicemail and a button to subscribe Visual Voicemail I can not get it to bypass this and dial voicemail directly..

If I hit the call Voicemail shortcut button It calls voicemail but does NOT enter in my pin automatically. Also if I Voice Dial same thing. It calls Voicemail but no Pin.

This is a problem for Me. I am guessing this is a crappy Motoblur thing. anyway to fix it to do what I want?

Also,

If I want top add a Voicemail shortcut my only option is to go to Add to Home--> Shortcuts choose the shortcut voicemail which instead of dialing Voicemail it goes to the summary screen and the shameless plug button to sign up for Visual Vopicemail.

If I go to Add to Home--> Shortcuts-->app actions-->Direct dial The Voicemail Contact is LEFT OUT of the choices. ???????

Without making a new contact that I could call messages and put in the *86,,****# and this would give me direct access to voicemail but an additional contact is there anyway to fix this Motoblur/Verizon Voicemail so that the shortcut for Voicemail will directly dial Voicemail iand it will enter in my pin if I either use the shortcut or use Voice Dial?

Thank You

Michael

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones