fiio e5

Last Updated:

1. Flagship

Flagship Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if anyone has used the desire with the fiio e5, if so do it get rid of all the treble and increase bass as well as volume? I'm currently using the sennheiser hd 428 and music still has a lot od treble.

Advertisement
  2. DMXXX

DMXXX Well-Known Member

I will in all likeliness buy this lil amp in a few days. I'll let you know how it works.

3. DMXXX

DMXXX Well-Known Member

Do not buy this amp as the Desire does not work properly with the connection cables.

4. DMXXX

DMXXX Well-Known Member

FALSE ALARM!!!!
    The connection cables that come with the Fiio are just very tight and I had to apply a little more force to get them properly into the headphone jack. I'll post some thoughts on the amps performance later.

5. maccag

maccag Member

I've been using an E5 for over 2 years now, originally with an archos 5 and now with my htc desire for the last few months. I guess the answer to your question depends on your headphones. I'm using with head-fi RE0 - brilliant earphones but quite a flat treble/bass response. The E5s have a wonderful effect on these - increase the soundstage, give enough oomph to the bass to really enjoy trance/house. Jazz/classical sounds amazing. By the way I'm using spotify premium for all my listening now. The connections are just standard and mine fit fine with the Desire. In fact I have bought a mini-usb to micro in order to use the E5 charger on my phone. Only niggle is that the E5 will very occasionally pick up inteference - it is not fully shielded (and I've had 2). Only seems to happen occasionally when someone sits next to me with a blackberry on the train. Anyway the sound improvement far outweighs any negative impact. I can't do without it!

Flagship likes this.