• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

File Deleted, help getting it back????

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and I was trying out the apps Gallery Lock Pro and Hide it pro to test out hiding some pictures. So I tried it and the file with the pictures in my gallery, just disappeared I know that is what was supposed to happen but now I can't for the life of me find where the apps might have hidden the file, I have been looking all over the internet and I can't seem to find anything that works :( I have tried unhiding the file and only tested out a couple pictures, then the whole file with ALL of the pictures are gone, on the app it says where you can find the hidden files but it seemed to just have disappeared out of nowhere. I also have tried a picture restore program on my computer too and I just can't get it to work please can someone help?

Hello there Lauren9212!
Sorry you are having issues with those 2 apps.
Which app did you use to hide the pix?
Can you go into manage applications and clear the cache and data for that app?
I am not familiar with those apps so I can guarantee doing so will wipe out the pix for good but it's a shot.
Did you find those apps in the play store?

Upvote 0
I unfortunately can't help you as I've never used either of these apps. A couple things you could do though is email the developer for some help either via Google Play or contact us if the apps have that option.

You can also post in the application reviews to see if anyone there has used the apps have this happen to them and how they resolved it.

http://androidforums.com/application-reviews/

I'm sorry this happened to you. But I hope you enjoy your stay here at AF. :)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I saw this on the app for Gallery Lock Pro....
# Method to recover photos when problems occur
If for some reason Gallery Lock does not run, recovery can be made by following the method below.
1) Uninstall Gallery Lock
2) Download Gallery Lock from the Market and install it.
3) Go Setting in the Gallery Lock, Tap "Find/Recover Missing files" menu.
4) The missing files will be recovered to /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/recover path.
5) run default Gallery application and check whether those files are recovered properly.

Upvote 0
Try to copy everything from your phone to your pc.

I had this happen to me, and found them with a pc search after everything was copied over.

You're not really likely to get much support in Application Reviews, better spot for this might be the Android Lounge.

This is probably your best bet for undeleting - http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones