1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

File Names on the Samsung Galaxy PlayerSupport

1. SadDelinquent

SadDelinquent New Member

So I have an extremely old 4th Gen iPod with a click wheel and I'm sick of it. I don't want to spend $300 on a new one that has memory you can't expand. So I've been thinking about the Samsung Galaxy Player. But I have one problem before I buy it.

When I sync my songs from iTunes, the songs look like this:
    i1284(.)photobucket(.)com/albums/a578/Kirito-sama/Untitled-1.png

The name as it would show up on my iPod would be "Sword Art Online - Magic Castle, Book of Truth" with the Artist being Luna Haruna and the Album "Overfly". Just like it is in iTunes.

However, when I put it on other devices (i.e. PS Vita, 3DS, Cell Phone) which have MicroSD/Memory Sticks, some songs would have their original file names instead of the titles I gave it in iTunes. For example:
    i1284(.)photobucket(.)com/albums/a578/Kirito-sama/Untitled.png

So instead of "Sword Art Online - Magic Castle, Book of Truth", it would be "03. 魔法の城、真実の書物。" or "03. □□□□□□□□□□□". Sometimes the Artist, Album Artwork and Albums are completely wrong or just missing.

Does the Galaxy Player have some sort of iTunes sync or will I have to manually adjust all of my 2000 something songs?

Advertisement
    :
  2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

When I transfered my music from iTunes, I just plugged my player into my laptop; drag/drop to my mSD card.

It would help to know if you're on a windows pc or mac?