File Permissions

Last Updated:

1. jeffwalker3959

jeffwalker3959 Well-Known Member

I rooted my Droid Continuum with z4Root and it worked perfectly. I am wondering if there is a way to change the file permissions of my internal files so that I can do some of my own changes??

Is there any app that will allow this or something? Will BusyBox do this for me??

2. liewbob

liewbob Well-Known Member

Rom Manager does file permissions and has worked well for me.
  3. jeffwalker3959

How? I downloaded Rom Manager, but i clicked Fix Permissions and all the files are still locked in my files.
  4. liewbob

liewbob Well-Known Member

I'm not a developer, just an enthusiast - and I'm definitely command-line challenged - so for all I know, you're more Android savvy than I am ;-)
    When I run Fix Permissions - it runs through what I think are all my apps (200+) and changes some permissions. It takes about 5 minutes.
    If this isn't working for you, I'd message Koush - the developer.
    Other than that, you can try a nand restore.
    Good luck!
  5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Just use one of many file ezplorers that change file permissions on the go, SU FBS, Root Explorer and many more.
  6. jeffwalker3959

I bought Root Explorer, but when i try to change the file permissions for the /system directory, it automatically reverts back to the pervious permission settings and I can't paste or manage files within the directory.

Is there a specific command to change the permissions of the root directories??