File Permissions

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jeffwalker3959, Nov 24, 2010.

1. jeffwalker3959

jeffwalker3959 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    I rooted my Droid Continuum with z4Root and it worked perfectly. I am wondering if there is a way to change the file permissions of my internal files so that I can do some of my own changes??

Is there any app that will allow this or something? Will BusyBox do this for me??

Advertisement
  2. liewbob

liewbob Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Biz Dev Consultant
    Piscataway, NJ
    Rom Manager does file permissions and has worked well for me.

3. jeffwalker3959

Nov 22, 2010
    How? I downloaded Rom Manager, but i clicked Fix Permissions and all the files are still locked in my files.

4. liewbob

liewbob Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Biz Dev Consultant
    Piscataway, NJ
    Jeff-
    I'm not a developer, just an enthusiast - and I'm definitely command-line challenged - so for all I know, you're more Android savvy than I am ;-)
    When I run Fix Permissions - it runs through what I think are all my apps (200+) and changes some permissions. It takes about 5 minutes.
    If this isn't working for you, I'd message Koush - the developer.
    Other than that, you can try a nand restore.
    Good luck!

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Just use one of many file ezplorers that change file permissions on the go, SU FBS, Root Explorer and many more.

6. jeffwalker3959

Nov 22, 2010
    I bought Root Explorer, but when i try to change the file permissions for the /system directory, it automatically reverts back to the pervious permission settings and I can't paste or manage files within the directory.

Is there a specific command to change the permissions of the root directories??

Thanks