• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mods File recovery help plz... [Root only]

2bit

Feb 4, 2014
USA
Sorry if this could be in a better place, but figured you guys would probably know an answer or two.

Here is my issue...I accidentally deleted some media files...videos specifically, and have already recovered the files, however I can't play them now. I have tried on both my pc, as well as sticking them back on my phone, both in a created folder and in my camera folder where they were originally created, and still can't play them. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get around the protection on the files themselves to make them playable again?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
:thinking: 2bit

*EDIT*
I have already tried running audials and a couple of other things to remove the DRM protection but nothing...any reason why my phone wouldn't be able to re-read a file it created? Or is it something as simple as Android really wiping a file that well?
Thanks again!

Sounds like the file restore wasn't 100% successful - maybe some blocks had been re-used before you did the restore.

Not quite sure how you get around that. You could try opening the files with a video editor then re-saving, maybe ..

Yeah, I still have all the restored files, and will keep trying, but I assume that's probably what happend. I'm not even sure how long they were deleted before I noticed them gone so I am just counting this one as a loss. I tried to convert the files already but got nothing, will try the editor and see what happens. Luckily this time it wasn't anything too important, and my fault for waiting too long between backups...always keep an eye on your children when they are playing with your phones...lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones