file sharing apps

1. frogiss117

frogiss117 Member

There are many file sharing apps in market.
    Which do you like or recommend for private file sharing over the internet? :rolleyes:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Bang Bang Boom

Bang Bang Boom Well-Known Member

swarm Is ace
  3. frogiss117

frogiss117 Member

4. Bang Bang Boom

Bang Bang Boom Well-Known Member

no it downloads torrents
  5. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Anything that doesn't cost $5?
  6. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Member

Everybody wants something for free.
  7. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

The one on my PC is free and if I can't get a free one for my phone then it's not important enough for me to pay for. I wouldn't even mind ad supported. Others might be willing to pay and that's fine. Kind of defeats the purpose of FREE file sharing IMO.
  8. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Is Dropbox free?
  9. ExSaint

ExSaint Well-Known Member

Drop box!
  10. Clintox

Clintox New Member

Any file sharing apps that don't require an internet connection? i.e. just working over LAN?
  11. babatinfo

babatinfo New Member

You can use various file sharing services such as Webex, GoMeetNow, GoTomeeting in order to have secure file sharing over internet.
  12. angrybirds365

angrybirds365 Active Member

quite expensive i have to say! anything free out there?
  13. DiezGames

DiezGames New Member

Yes!Its interesting!!
  14. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

15. mooreapi

mooreapi Active Member

drop box works well and its free (tho free version limits capacity, you can add more by referrals, installing app, etc...)... you can increase storage by paying $ too.
    On phone it shows only the list of files (with thumbnails for pics) which minimizes data overhead...but downloads file if you tap on it...syncs with PC, mac, and iPhone too.
    You might be able to set sync setting on phone app to only do over wifi...I do know you can have it cloud/sync pics over Wi-Fi only...

Edit - you can toggle phone sync for drop box account on/off but only picture sync can be set for Wi-Fi only...

There is also 4shared...basic service (of course with limited storage space) is free
  16. rabbeca

rabbeca Member

Drop box cloud based service is one of the best cloud storage that provides unlimited data uploading feature. Dropbox is available for all platforms so you can upload files from windows desktop, android and Apple iOS as well.
  17. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

SugarSync was fantastic. I had it for free for a few years, but they got rid of the free option a while back so I stopped using them.

Edit: That would've been a great addition to the thread if I had posted it back when the thread started, lol