1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support File Transfer

1. Madroxide

Madroxide Well-Known Member

Is there a way to transfer files to and from the SD card without using Kies? For some reason my PC doesn't like Kies and it takes forever to load. Also I noticed on other posts for different versions of the S2 that there is an option for USB under wifi & network settings, any idea why we don't have that option?

Advertisement
  2. Madroxide

OK, found an app listed on another forum that helped, its called USB Switcher. its working so far. Only downside is it didn't see my external SD, but you can cut and paste over to it using ES File Explorer...
  3. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

I use es file explorer when I am connected to my WiFi and just access the network drive I have. It is easy to do and darn convenient. Another way is to use kies-air with that you only need your web browser on the pc and the phone to be on the same network as your pc.

Codegerm
  4. Madroxide

Cool. I can try that at home. I use my phone to transfer alot of files back and fourth between work and home.
  5. FLAWLESSVW

FLAWLESSVW Well-Known Member

WHOA!!!! My eyes just popped out of my head! I never dug deep enough into ES apparently. How COOL!!!
    I dug into Settings>Remote Settings>Remote Manage which generates an ftp address you can browse to from your PC. Insanely simple and easy.

An app I used briefly in the past was Wondershare MobileGo which is similar to Kies that you may want to check out. It's pretty smooth but a bit more than I personally needed so I never used it on the GS2.

Thumbs up on the ES tip Codegerm. Get the word out there, I bet I'm not the only one who hadn't found this! :D
  6. Madroxide

I used ES to transfer a movie from my phone to my PC last night...worked wonderfully. Thanks CG...