File TransferGeneral

Last Updated:

1. AckMan

AckMan Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I was taking pictures with my DI when I discovered the pictures were being saved on the internal SD. I then switched it to save on the external SD card. I now want to move the files that are on the internal SD to external. I;ve tried astro but it tells me (Move error)(Move Failed). Anybody else have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Where are you trying to move the files? There is no internal SD, so I'm assuming you mean the moviNAND memory? Are you trying to move your pics from the phone to PC?

3. AckMan

I'm trying to move the file from the 8gig inside the phone to the mini sdhc card i have installed

The pictures were being saved to /emmc/dcim/100media
    on the phone, not the sdhc card

4. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Connect your device as a disk drive. Your cpu should show both internal memory and sd card as removable drives. Copy and paste from the internal memory to your sd.

5. AckMan

I was going to try that next, but left my cord at work. Just thought I was doing something wrong with astro. I'll have to wait until monday to try. Thanks Reddog

6. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

You can do it in astro also. Navigate the internal folder. Long press the file you want and the option menu will appear. Click edit>copy...navigate the folder you want the file to go into click edit in the top bar and select paste.

7. AckMan

That works..... Thanks. I was trying to move the files not copy them.

Edit: Can you change the directory name the pictures get placed into? When I do the phone creates a new directory every time (100media)