1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Files and foldersGeneral

Last Updated:

1. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

On my PCs I always setup an elborate structure of folders for my many pictures, music, documents and videos. I have not yet figured out how to do that on the N7. Any hints would be welcome.

Advertisement
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

+1 for ES File Explorer!!!
    whs37 likes this.
  3. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I'll have a look at those.
  4. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Installed the ES Explorer. Seems to have a lot of functions. Another steep learning curve, LOL.
  5. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Well-Known Member

speaking of documents, it seems that the Nexus 7 has now stored my "documents" in 3 different document folders depending on when they were saved, the most recent being /storage/emulated/legacy/Documents ... the prior being /sdcard/Documents ... And prior to that just in /Documents ...
    The problem is now that I want to access these files from my PC they are scattered in 2 different places with different versions in the prior locations that are older than the most recent ones in the new locations.

this also explains where a folder call "0" appeared full of photos, apparently it created a new location in the emulate folder and put a bunch of pictures there.
  6. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

The most precise and controlled way of storing stuff on the /7 is when you attach it to the PC - I think. Then you can download the files exactly to the folders you want. You can also rearrange things easily and create your own new folder or subfolders.