Films that make you feel physically sick....

1. origin_of_symmetry

origin_of_symmetry Well-Known Member

There seems to be a trend currently..... Hostel, Saw etc for films that are extreme in their premise.... extreme gore, extreme violence, that just reading about them makes you feel ill.

I recently read about a film called The Human Caterpillar. I saw the title and thought, "I'll read on, maybe it's a bit like 'The Fly' or something....." but then I read the synopsis and genuinely felt a bit ill! (If you want to know more, Google it, but I won't spoil it for anyone)

I've never sat down to watch the whole of any of the Saw movies, I had to switch off. I guess my stomach just can't hack it (excuse the pun....)

I realise that these films are cleverly marketed on their extremities and any publicity is good publicity but I'm genuinely curious.... do you enjoy these sorts of films? What makes them enjoyable? Is anyone planning on seeing "The Human Caterpillar"?

Advertisement
  2. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

I'll agree that Hostel was a truly disgusting movie, both visually and morally. I don't know what it was, but entertainment it was not. The leg breaking scene in Dolores Claiborne was pretty sickening as well.
  3. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I saw the trailer for the Human Centipede and I truly am disgusted. I can't get it off my mind, it's creeping me out.

I saw the first few Saw movies (the first 3), and I decided not to watch more movies like that. Some of them are just too disgusting (both visually and morally, as Isthmus stated).

I don't feel happy at all after I've watched such a movie, so I figured: why would I inflict this upon myself? I don't deserve it. :D
    Tattycakes likes this.
  4. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Hannah Montana is the creepiest thing in the world! It scared me for life, I saw a commercial on TV and I'll be scared forever now.

NOW LETS GET REAL:
    Shrooms was a pretty freaky movie, with all the heads being chopped in half and stuff.
  5. While by no means a bad film (and I absolutely LOVE the source material), I fell into a deep depression for about 4-5 months after seeing Watchmen. I've since recovered (although still feel twinges of depression frequently), but I consider it one of the most life changing moments of my life.
  6. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Guide

I felt like Se7en was a relatively disturbing movie but not enough to make me feel sick.
  7. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Faces of Death movies.

This movie called Demons. It was a gross part in there that had me gagging. Its an old horror movie.
  8. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

The first Saw film was tame in comparison to the others. There are scenes in them that make my stomache turn, but I can handle the majority of it. The one film that still gets me is Dagon. The movie itself is nothing, but there's just something about seeing a man's face get peeled off that doesn't sit well with me. I still have to avoid that scene. Sadly, the only movie I ever truly felt the least bit ill watching was Cloverfield. That shakey cam did a number on my head.
  9. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I of course agree with the Saw movies, I had only seen the first one but that was enough for me. Now a movie that I watched at a relatives house recently that completely disgusted me was "the last house on the left". That movie made me feel physically ill and completely had me pissed.
  10. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Well-Known Member

Michael Moore films...

Just looking at him and hearing him speak makes me want to vomit.

got ill watching avatar had to leave, damn 3D. didn't mind though because the story sucked.
  11. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

Cannibal Holocaust unrated 1980. So disturbing I..........
  12. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Saw and Hostel and the like don't bother me since they're so over the top and implausible.

The most disturbing movie I've ever seen was Irreversible. It featured a nine minute long rape scene.
  13. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

The papercuts scene from the first Jackass movie. I can watch any other film. But that part just makes me turn over or leave the room.
  14. traster85

traster85 Member

lady and the tramp ruined my life....damn you lady!!!
  15. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

How could I forget Audition. There are scenes in that movie that just...I don't even want to think about it.
  16. nothing makes me more physically sick than too much shaky-cam. it's a horrible technique that has gotten very popular.

used correctly it can help bring a viewer into the movie. but it doesn't ever seem to be used correctly.

movie content has never made me physically sick.
  17. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

+1 It's one of the few movies that I liked but will absolutely never watch again.
  18. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

I started watching that. Never finished it...
  19. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Thanks for reminding me about that movie, now I will be sick.

Also the 2nd "The Hills Have Eyes" had some pretty grotesque scenes, specially when the uhmm "creature"(?) rapes that one girl. I couldn't enjoy sex for months after watching that.
  20. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

got that movie for dude at work and decided to check it out.... big mistake, figured i needed to spread the love, couldn't keep that gem all to myself:p
  21. If you can find it Salo: 120 days of Sodom. Its by far the most disturbing movie I have ever seen.
  22. sxeros

sxeros New Member

Just read Wikipedia , that film sounds f*cked up.
  23. bword

bword Well-Known Member

Watched Faces of Death as a child good god that scarred me.

As stupid as this sounds there was a movie that really bothered me as kid as well called "Prophecy". I did alot of camping as a child and I watched alot of movies based on mutations...Nukem High..
    Giant Mutant Bears= Bad
    Mutants like X men= Great
  24. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

I was also going to mention the Cannibal Holocaust, that was just disturbing. Also "The Garbage Pail Kids" movie

It really did a number on me in my childhood years.
  25. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Care to elaborate? There were some not so great scenes but I don't see how that movie can be disturbing enough to make you depress.

That was such a great movie...how was it disturbing for you? I thought the movie was smartly written.

I have mice phobia so the rat/mice scene in Wanted freaked me out. I misscalculated when to uncover my eyes and saw like 2 seconds of the mice/rats ramage. Just thinking of that scene sends chills through my body : <