Films, Videos

Last Updated:

1. Scoobydoo25

Scoobydoo25 Well-Known Member

I loaded up a 32Gbmicro SD card with various films, I havent ben able to get any of them to play, it keeps coming up with 'cant play this'

They are in MKV, AVI, video clip, apple format, mp4, mpeg

I have tried handbrake to convert them, even that dont work (android high)

They are in various formats, I have even downloaded VLC player which normally plays pretty much anything

So WHHAT does this Galaxy note 10.1 play

I have been told it should play anything, well, it dont

So any suggestions ?

Advertisement
  2. Scoobydoo25

Thanks, but I have converted all the films to these formats, where can I get the codecs from ?
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Try getting DicePlayer or MXPlayer from the market. They play everything I've thrown at them.
  4. Scoobydoo25

got nothing to lose, may as well try these, its getting a real pain in the bum just to get something to play on this thing

Thanks for the suggestion
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Does the card work in other devices? Could be an issue with the card as opposed to the formats the note can play?
  6. Scoobydoo25

yes, there are 6 films on it, 3 play, 3 dont, I have tried the players above, still dont work, it shows a little padlock on them, they play fine on my desk top PC running XP pro
  7. chanchan05

You have tried converting them on a PC? And that did not work? That's weird. That Note should play a lot of formats. My Galaxy Tab plays MKV, AVI, MPEG, MP4...Its something about those files.

Have you tried using Kies to transfer? That should automatically convert it to a format the Note would read.
  8. Scoobydoo25

Yup, I used hand brake to convert them, then I tried Magic Video Convertor
    Copied them frtom the PC to the SD card, I have a couple of SD micro cards, so I tried them both, same result, they dont play
    I have converted them using hand brake and put them on my ipod, they worked fine, tried that format on the galaxy, never played, same message

What is Kies
  9. chanchan05

Kies is sort of like Samsung's version of iTunes for their phones. Its their PC Suite software.
  10. Scoobydoo25

Great, any idea where I can find this ?
  11. chanchan05

Just Google "Samsung Kies" then download it. And make sure to update it.
  12. Scoobydoo25

yup, tried it several times, it wont download on the galaxy, is it woth downloading it putting it on a SD card then running it ?

I thought these things were supposed to be all singing dancing and would replace a PC, laptop, desk top
  13. chanchan05

Kies is to be installed on a PC, not on your phone/tablet. As I said, its a PC Suite software. And no, iPads, Tablets and smartphones are in no way capable of replacing a laptop. They are great for portability and stuff, but they aren't as capable. Its a limitation of the hardware they are using. The only tablet actually capable of replacing a laptop is a Windows 8 Pro tabet (not RT) since that runs desktop grade Windows on an Atom or i5 processor in tablet form.
  14. Scoobydoo25

that explains why it wouldnt install on the Galaxy, now how do I connect it to my PC, it dont have wifi, conncted to the router by cable, I have no idea how to connect this Galaxy to my PC

.....................................................................................

I down loaded this Kies, I had to do it a couple of times, its a bit twitchy, then followed the instructions, connected it up, then tried to put a film on it, I thought it was going well,after it finished, I tried to find it, I have no idea what folder it been put in, its not in movies, and I cant find videos, so where the heck has it put it ? Or didnt it get transfered ?