• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Filter all but one number?

New Desire user here, I have used the Nokia 5800 for a year and miss a couple of functions. Some help in getting the same results on my Desire would be greatly appreciated!

1. Filter all but one phone number
I sometimes work nights, so I need to sleep during the day. Instead of turning off my phone, I made a profile on my 5800 that had no ring tone, but made an exception just for my wife, allowing her to call me in case of emergencies. Is there an app for that?

2. Resuming audio play back
I often listen to podcasts on the bus to work. Using the default music player, when I skip to another track and back to the podcast I was in the middle of, then it starts from the beginning again. My 5800 would remember the position from last time I played it. Is there a music player that works like that?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones