• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Filter for ActiveSync Email ??

Does anyone know how to set up a filter for activesync ?

There are emails for the business that I don't need to see on my phone, but I obviously would like to have them hit my inbox.
Very good question. Exchange Active Sync (EAS) does not allow that on the server side, but perhaps you could set some policies (rules) in Outlook? I think the email gets pulled off the server though and gets to the phone before it hits your inbox.
Ok, I just looked at Touchdown for EAS, which is what I use. You can create a rule in Advanced settings that will mimic what you can do in Outlook, i.e. move a particular email to a folder, etc. Perhaps that might be what you are looking for.

Reactions: pman219
Upvote 0
Very good question. Exchange Active Sync (EAS) does not allow that on the server side, but perhaps you could set some policies (rules) in Outlook? I think the email gets pulled off the server though and gets to the phone before it hits your inbox.
Ok, I just looked at Touchdown for EAS, which is what I use. You can create a rule in Advanced settings that will mimic what you can do in Outlook, i.e. move a particular email to a folder, etc. Perhaps that might be what you are looking for.

I'm not using touchdown.. but I will look for a setting in outlook..

Thank you for your help

Upvote 0
I'm not using touchdown.. but I will look for a setting in outlook..
In Outlook it's under, Tools > rules. But I still think it will hit your phone before it hits Outlook. EAS doesn't care if you use OWA or the client version. You should check in the Activesync email app on the phone. Since I don't use that I really have no way of knowing. Touchdown is great but expensive. I needed it due to multiple AS email accounts which the native email app will not support. I think it's a Microsoft licensing thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones