Final Droid Keyboard layout?

1. RedRamage

RedRamage Member

I've heard rumors that the Driod's keyboard layout is not necessarily finalized. I've heard at least one rumor that the directional pad might end up on the left side of the keyboard, which would be a great layout for gaming (emulations and such). Anyone know if there is any truth to this rumor?

Advertisement
    :
  2. celios

celios Well-Known Member

If they are planning a launch in November, the keyboard layout will be set in stone (or plastic moulding ;)) now. I would imagine what BGR showed would be close to the final thing, maybe those blank keys will be labelled or removed, but would not expect to see radical changes.
  3. RedRamage

RedRamage Member

Well, true. But that assumes that what BGR has is the current, or close to the current keyboard layout. It's entirely possible that they changed the plan a while back and that they are just give out details of the old models. It's possible...

Probably not likely, but one can hope, right?!? :)
  4. gthrift

gthrift Well-Known Member

I hope they get rid of the gold on the little trackpad thing.
  5. kasperknop

kasperknop Well-Known Member

/Signed

The first versions of this phone was just so much better looking. What went wrong?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. johnkzin

johnkzin Well-Known Member

I liked it better when they were going to do a dedicated number row.

The latest keyboard layouts (where you need to use the alt key to get to the numbers) are just wrong. I've pretty must lost interest in that phone. But, at least it's better than some lame phone with no physical keyboard at all.
  7. droidnut

droidnut Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. Hope they revert back to the all black. Much more classy, imo.:cool:
  8. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Well-Known Member

I liked the original keyboard much better. It is also frustrating seeing that there's no backslash on the keyboard. It's like that blank key is just screaming, "Put the backslash on me!"

I am OK with just about anything for a keyboard though. I'm just so happy to be getting a decent phone on Verizon.