• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Final Fantasy IV out for Android

Been playing for a few hours on my Galaxy S4, working great and enjoying replaying it again even if I'm not too sure about the "updated" graphics.[/URL]

Oh, I'm pretty sure--that I don't like them. The 3D chibi characters in the Nintendo DS Final Fantasy remakes drive me nuts; why would I want to embark on my epic journey to save the world (sorry, spoiler alert ;) ) with a party of characters that look like toddlers? Even if Squenix were giving this away for free, it would be difficult for me to choose this version over the classic 2D sprites of the SNES version.

That said, for those who cherish FFIV, don't share my distaste for chibi graphics, and didn't play this remake already on a DS, this is well worth buying. Someone will surely whine about it being overpriced, even though it's $16 for a direct port of the DS remake that is currently priced at $24 on Amazon (and probably retailed at $30 or $40 on release).

Upvote 0
I love all the snes final fantasies, after.that I believe.they go ruined so im not a fan of them. Im.honestly waiting for a remake of Final Fantasy 6, the one with Terra, Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, Shadow etc etc etc. That's the one I truly want to play with better graphics an an expanded storyline on Android

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones