FINALLY! Barnes & Noble nook for Android

Last Updated:

1. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've sent dozens of e-mails to Barnes and Noble support asking for them to make their ereader available for Android. I couldn't understand what was taking so long, since the nook is an Android device (that has, in fact, been rooted!).

Finally, it's here and available in the Market: nook for Android - Barnes*&*Noble

EDIT: I posted this thread before downloading the app, because I was so excited that it's finally here. I have to say, it's HUGE --about 30MB, which is why I promptly moved it to my SD card (which you can only do if you're rooted and running an apps2sd compatible ROM or Froyo ROM).

Advertisement
  2. Alyianna

Alyianna Well-Known Member

Nice to hear someone else was sending mail to their support... I was sending a daily mail... started nice, ended with a few rants... the final one was when I blasted them for being behind Amazon Kindle's app and said I was switching.

I did switch. Bought my latest book from Amazon and have the Kindle app on my PC and Droid... I did download the Nook app though to check it out... I think I like the Kindle app more, mostly because of the ability to adjust the background to a color easier on the eyes. However, if the Nook app would have come out just a little sooner, I'd still be a customer of Barnes And Noble. They screwed up taking so long. I could only be so patient with their "Nook for Android coming soon!"... just wasn't soon enough.

3. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I hear you Alyianna, and share your frustration -- but I bought my son a nook for Christmas, and we have the same taste in books, so I wanted to be able to read the books we buy for the nook on my Droid. It makes no sense to pay twice for books we would just pass to each other if they were in hard copy. So, although I have 3 other reading apps on my Droid that I like better from a customization perspective, I'm still happy to have the nook app.

4. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Hmm, just read up on rooting the nook...

Makes me wonder if rooting is worth it? I'll have to look around to see if any developers have any useful android apps ported to run on the nook.