Finally Decided to Sign Up

Last Updated:

1. Mr_Tricorder

Mr_Tricorder Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,
    I've had my G1 since early November 2008, but I just now finally got around to signing up here. Unfortunately, most of that time I wasn't even using it. I'm in the Army National Guard, and I got my phone right before I went on deployment to Iraq, where I used it as a very nice alarm clock, but not much more.

Since I've been back and got all caught up with cupcake and trying out verious apps, I'm getting more and more into android every day. Donut left a bad taste in my mouth though. I had to reset my phone to get out of the force close loop (I was using Freshface at the time) and after that it was nothing but laggy behavior and random force close messages.

To get away from all that, I finally rooted my phone and am running Cyanogenmod 4.1.999, and it's great! That, combined with the 1600mAh battery I bought after I got back to the States, has made my G1 better than ever!

I know the G1 has that clunky "still in development" look to it and some of these new android phones coming out are supposed to blow it away, but I'm getting so much more out of my phone now that I'll be sticking with my G1 for a while.

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

3. Omniscient

Omniscient Member

Welcome!!!:D

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF forum's! :D

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member