Finally get 2.1 and now I'm really PissedSupport

Last Updated:

1. kbearmoney

kbearmoney Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I finally get 2.1 on my Moment and now I'm lost and confused.

1. What the heck does root mean? Do I need to do it and how do I do it?

2. There is absolutely nothing showing up in the Market. What the heck? The only reason I updated was to get a certain app and now I can't pull up nothing. This sucks.

3. I'm totally missing it. What's the benefits of 2.1, b/c right now I can't come up with one thing.

Advertisement
  2. ZeRo_Co0L

ZeRo_Co0L Active Member

When I've put on 2.1 rom's, sometimes the market won't work right but after a couple reboots it worked fine. It seems some things with roms take a while and a few reboots to work correctly.

3. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

If you dont know what root means you dont need it right now. I cant imagine what you would have to do to screw up flashing your phone over to 2.1. Have you read anything else on this forum? The guy who reads first and acts second doesnt make as large of a fool of his self when he types.

4. kingp

kingp Well-Known Member

Remember, this is not the official 2.1 ROM from Sprint. This is a beta build. Some things will not work properly.

5. masbirdies

masbirdies Well-Known Member

Sorry dude! What he said above! You shouldn't be doing this if you don't understand it. My moment with 2.1 is awesome!

6. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

did u have cl14 first or did you update straight from 1.5?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

7. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've recently noticed and become especially annoyed with the fact that the phone does not go back into screen lock after a phone call (even if the call is not answered). So if the phone is in my pocket and I miss the phone call, it will be on and wide open to dial and do all kinds of BS against my leg:mad::mad::mad:

8. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

[DD03 Build.prop] SOLUTION: fixing the android.iqd process

Apply this through recovery: power down, then hold vol down, call, end buttons at the same time. It will bring the recovery menu, go to sd card menu, apply zip from sd card, select the downloaded zip, then after it has completed select back and reboot. Post back here and we'll go from there. :)

kbearmoney likes this.
  9. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

1) from: [READ ME BEFORE POSTING!!] SDX SUPER-GUIDE
    2) How to access Protected Apps in the Market...

3) A few things:

Live Wallpaper for 2.1 (WORKING!), 3D N1 Drawer (Working with some issues.)

Google goggles

Voice recognition

10. kbearmoney

REEAALLLYY, Dude! Maybe I'm posting to understand before I do it. The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice.

I had Cl14 first and I know this is beta, and I've read several post from a few sites and everyone says 2.1 is great, so. . . thought I'd try it.

Thank you to the people that are focusing on replying with productive answers and comments.

11. dreze88

Did you download and apply the zip through recovery yet? It has the Market fix included. Try it and post back. :)

12. kbearmoney

My internet has been down, so I couldn't get back to post. I was about to download, but the market came back up. I don't know what happened, but now everything is running smooth. Once I find the HTC V Keyboard for 2.1 I will be walking on clouds. Thanks so much dreze88 (you're a rockstar) and everyone else.

13. dreze88

No problem! I wish someone had helped me when I first started, people were like 'oh no, not for noobs.." :mad: Either way no biggie and here for the HTC keyboard: HTC Keyboard on myTouch 3G - Android Forums

There have been some "tombstone" issues with this keyboard so be careful, also I'm not sure if this works with our 2.1 leak but I'm pretty sure it will, i had it on 1.5 Try Swype or Shapewriter if you want. Hit me up for the APK if you need it (swype) :D

kbearmoney likes this.
  14. kbearmoney

HTC won't work. So I googled Swype and Shapewriter and they're awesome! I searched for both in the market with no luck. How do I get one of them?

15. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member

search in the forum! I got it here...;)

16. josh_crosson

josh_crosson Member

hey all this is my first post im having the same issues now that ive loaded 2.1 onto my moment. im trying to figure out how to do the zip thing to the sd card but cant figure out what to do. can someone help me out?

17. dreze88

Turn off your phone. Hold down Vol down, send, end buttons at the same time. This should bring up the recovery mode. Then go to SD card options, apply zip from SD, then install and you're done. Back up and select reboot, then you're good. :)

Also I've uploaded Swype that is working great in my Moment: http://www.mediafire.com/?xgyiyzzd2zq

18. josh_crosson

josh_crosson Member

thanks for the reply. I ended up finding a fix (joeykrim-SDX-recovery2.1.3) that i just put in the binary folder and ran the SWUpgrage program and flashed it again and poof! it worked and it was super easy!