Finally got my replacement...General

Last Updated:

1. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well as the title says I finally got my New Retail replacement...

But I'm shipping it back and keep my original and heres why...

1) My original was having the no grounding issue (new one has exact same issue) so did the refurb they sent 1st... So guess i'll just deal with it.

2) New phone has major pink hue to screen... original screen is perfectly white and clear.

3) New camera is way more blueish outcome to it, totally noticable. Original camera has a very slight blue tint when in bright light, can be fixed with some settings.

4) New phone speaker is no where near as loud as original phone speaker...

5) Basically new phone is exact same as original phone S/W & H/W revision wise, much later build date obviously but with WAY more issues then the old one.

New Phone Build Date 6/26/2010

Original Phone Build Date 5/24/2010

New phone also came in that UGLY Droid packaging, Ill be keeping my original limited edition white box, thanks very much :p

After waiting a month for the replacement, absolutely pointless, Love my Incredible, so won't be switching it for any other handset... yet anyways, maybe in 6 months.

Just thought i'd post an update.

*edit*

On a side note, just got my New Boxwave Crystal Screen Protector and replaced the Boxwave AntiGlare Screen Protector I had on... And i must say I LOVE the Crystal one, Thanks GrandMasterB for the idea :)

So original phone new protector, wasn't a bad day after all lol :p hehe

Advertisement
    GrandMasterB and 06Stang like this.
  2. contagous

wow 100 views and no reply's hehe, I must not be important enough Sigh... lol

3. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Alright, let me be the first one. I'm concerned about the production of this phones. Seems like more and more people complain about pink hue on new units?

4. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

I told you "Good luck" WTF HAPPENED?!

5. droid_head

droid_head Well-Known Member

i cancelled my Inc replacement order and am getting the Droid X and they gave me $50 off the X for my troubles. I figure I saved $110 with the 450 off and now I won't have to buy an extended battery since the Inc battery SUUUUCKS!!!

The Droid X looks awesome and I'm so glad I didn't get stuck with the Inc.. HTC lost their ass on the Inc!

6. contagous

I know huh... lol

ahh well my original phone is perfect except the ground issue, but I've had 3 now with that issue so obviously aint gunna change anytime soon :) so im going to deal with it and enjoy my clear white screen and my limited edition box :)

Thats nice for you, I pretty much hate that phone, its FUGLY and HUGE and motorola lol, but lets not turn this into another Inc vs X thread :) enjoy it when you get it :)

7. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

my replacement phone is going to be at my doorstep tomm afternoon.

if its good then im going to craigslist it and buy the motox at full retail.

for my health

8. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Was it a LCD display? My Inc is a more "true" white. Some reported a pinkish hue early on, but I have yet to see the pink after seeing about ten Incs so far (mostly demo units).

I do know the EVO has pinkish white and the newer ones have a blueish white (Epson screens), but not seen the X yet. Droid had "true" white, so not all LCD's have the trait.

9. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I was talking to a friend that has a droid, and how he wants the X.

My reply: Would you rather have the rough and tumble tomboy (moto droid or X), or the thin, sexy girl (inc)?

Back on topic: Is there any way to tell if there's any difference in the type of screen itself? Can you still see the lines/dots when you hold it at an angle?

10. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member

I just got my replacement from Amazon yesterday, my orginal had problems with dirt between the screens, and Pink hue screen, my new phone no pink hue on screen no dirt yet, mine came in new droid box. but I could really tell a diffrenec between the pink hue of my old one and the new one, but I`m having problems with getting my new one rooted:mad:

11. contagous

Pretty sure the screen was still AMOLED, just horribly pink hued, not sure what you mean but lines/dots necosino. and I wish I could root this badboy, but it will not work no matter what I do, can't get into adb recovery with it.

12. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

The later builds do not mean they will all have pink screens or speaker issues. I had one shipped (new) just about 2 weeks ago from Asurion.

My first phone (purchased on 4/29) had pink hue and squeeky case/corners.

My second phone (received end of June) doesn't have any pink hue and the squeeky case/corners are gone.

There have been polls and it just happens that a percentage of people will have pink screen or squeeky corners.

No matter the build date, you have the chance of getting the pinkish hue. It does not reflect the fact that later builds all have these problems.

I (and others) get fantastic battery life. Easily over 24 hours with my 1500 mah. Very pleased! :D :)

But batteries only cost $15 - shipping included. So not saving that much. Especially after Verizons monthly bill comes ;)

You gotta do your research son.

Also, the X already has problems and is rated below the Evo and Incredible by tech sites so far.. noted to be slower and laggy.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

13. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

I read nothing but high praise from you on your first incredible, yet you got it exchanged

You also claimed to get 22+ hours from the STOCK battery back when the phone first came out. Yet you bought a 1500mAH to get 24+ hours?

Something doesn't add up here

14. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about the dots and lines I notice that when I hold my phone at a certain angle in the light, Does this tell us if its amoled or lcd

15. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

That was my thought process at least :)