Finally got one

Last Updated:

1. captiluva

captiluva Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, just bought my captivate today. I came from a Blackberry Curve. i had to add a new line in order to avoid paying the full price since i wasn't eligible for an upgrade yet. happy with my phone so far. Just have to figure out how to get all of my contacts to my captivate. suggestions r welcome:D

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

captiluva likes this.
  3. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi - Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers ;)

captiluva likes this.
  4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I want to welcome you on behalf of the Android Team! If you need anything PM me! :D

captiluva likes this.
  5. captiluva

Thanks everyone. Soooo, i think i did something wrong in my excitement to start using my new phone. smh!! i forgot to transfer my contacts from my BB and i wiped the phone. i was able to restore it from the BB Desktop Manager, but i don't know how to move it to the Captivate. I REALLY don't want to type everything all over again. oye!!!

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

i don't know BB but if you can transfer the BB addys to gmail, you will be able to then sync it with your phone. I will move this to the BB section. I know folks will be able to help you there. :)

captiluva likes this.
  7. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

You'll need Google Sync for blackberry then go into the options & select sync contacts. When you resync your google account on your Android device, all your contacts should be there.

captiluva likes this.
  8. captiluva

Thanks everyone. i figured it out. now all my contacts is on the phone and on my gmail account. i noticed that we now have address book online with att, but since my contacts are already linked to google....it won't back up on the att server. hmmm.. anyway, what have i done so far...downloaded launcher pro plus, some games and the clock and weather widget. that's about it. love my phone!!! :D