• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally happened to my phone

Eric2

Dec 30, 2009
My screen locked up on me! I had it connected to my car's bluetooth. I went to shut off the bluetooth (while still in the vehicle) and the screen was locked. I turned the screen on and off, pressed all the various buttons, but no dice.

So I just shut the screen off, unhooked it, and went in the house to mess with it there. When I got inside, it opened right up.

I know the screen lockups were a common problem in "the early days", but haven't read of many complaints about it lately. In particular, after the last update.

So just checking...how are others doing with screen lock ups these days? Yes, or no? Thanks.

I have only had one problem with the Eris that required a hard reset. I admit that I went on a marathon download session from the marketplace and then all of a sudden, everything quit and didn't work. My bad. Hard reset, restored, and life is good.

The eris lags sometimes. But I do not consider the 3-4 second delay sometimes to be that great an inconvenience. For some people, that is unacceptable. Well, its a non-issue to be honest.

Upvote 0
I talked to someone that had the same problem with the Vehicle blutooth screen lock, and it could be the version on the Eris versus the Vehicle version are conflicting. Not totally sure though. Mine only has a audio jack. Woohoo! Lol

Another thing could be other downloaded Apps conflicting with the Eris. I wish we could get a report automatically when the phone has an error.

Upvote 0
My screen locked up on me! I had it connected to my car's bluetooth. I went to shut off the bluetooth (while still in the vehicle) and the screen was locked. I turned the screen on and off, pressed all the various buttons, but no dice.

So I just shut the screen off, unhooked it, and went in the house to mess with it there. When I got inside, it opened right up.

I know the screen lockups were a common problem in "the early days", but haven't read of many complaints about it lately. In particular, after the last update.

So just checking...how are others doing with screen lock ups these days? Yes, or no? Thanks.

It's happened to me while using Bluetooth. Could be a bug.

Upvote 0
The only time mine has locked up was after being plugged into the wall charger overnight. I unplug it, and I can't unlock the screen. After about a minute of fumbling pre-coffee I realize it is stuck, pull the battery, and all's well. Never happens after USB or car charger...just wall. But the 2.1 update yesterday seems to have really taken care of the problem for me.

mg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones