• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FINALLY: Kies got me the Upgrade to Android 2.2.1 Froyo

CrazySte

Sep 22, 2010
HI EVERYBODY,
after over a month of getting mad at KIES that kept telling me that my Phone already had the latest Firmware Version, this week, finally, and specifically TODAY, when i connected my Phone to the Computer, KIES said that there was an Upgrade Available for my Phone and guess what???

I FINALLY GOT 2.2.1!!!

And i have to say that it is quite a bit Faster, and up until now, i used today only 50% of my battery when instead normally, at this moment of the evening, i was already in the lo 20's...

So i can tell that there has been quite an improvement from 2.2 to 2.2.1... and i guess i will stick with this for quite a while... considering how much later the Updates are released for my Phone... BTW i found out that my Phone was from T-Mobile Germany... after it installed the new Firmware, everything was in German... what a mess getting it back in English!

CIAO

So when I update, will I lose everything? I'm scared to do it....Will my phone go back exactly the way it is now, only faster and with Froyo backing it or will I have to re-install all my apps and what not?

You will most likely lose all apps, contacts ect. But if you get the update to 2.2.1 it is well worth it.
Just remember, after the update to do a data wipe/factory reset through recovery mode.
Recovery mode: power phone off.
Press and hold the following keys.
Volume up + Home key + Power key

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones