finally made the decision

Last Updated:

1. scoob55

scoob55 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so last night i finally decided to root my phone and install the cyanogenmod v8....the only thing that kept me back was thinking it was too hard...turns out its very simple....plus i got sick and tired of waiting for tmobile to give us the update...been waiting for months and its really dumb but oh well....im loving the new rom, its great, the multitouch is great, and the phone is faster...thanks to all of you who have posted how to root and made it easy for me!!!

Advertisement
  2. twiztid907

twiztid907 Active Member

congrats! glad everything went well

3. DeadPlasmaCell

DeadPlasmaCell Well-Known Member

Awesome.. I've been wanting to do it for a long time, but I'm still too chicken to try it

4. Chidori602

Chidori602 Well-Known Member

i've also been wanting to root my magic, but i chicken out every time.

5. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

you guys are not the only one. I have already rooted my phone and im still wimping out on the process since i have bricked one already.

6. twiztid907

twiztid907 Active Member

just go for it guys. its quite simple using a well detailed guide such as on theulockr. i know it is a bit nerve racking but you will be amazed at how easy it is once u get into it. good luck! if you need any help i am on google talk. brandon23lee@gmail.com

dasudevil likes this.
  7. retrophysical10

retrophysical10 Member

I agree with Twiztid...I was terrified of rooting, but the unlockr's step my step instructions were great and it was very simple. I didn re flash my rom last night to cyanogenmod v8 and freaked out for a bit when I made a call and the other person couldn't hear me lol. I just wiped and reflashed and it fixed the problem...This rom is sooo much faster!!! :)

dasudevil likes this.
  8. scoob55

scoob55 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes it is worth the risk...if you do everything right, bricking is really not an option.....i used unlockr and it seemed to be the best one ive found!

9. dasudevil

OMG did it. Thank you for your help via email. You pointed it out to a T.. Thanks

OMG did it. Thank you for your help via email. Thanks for hanging out with me while i freak. :p

10. twiztid907

twiztid907 Active Member

Glad to be of service to you

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk

11. dasudevil

Anyone notice that beautiful widgets keeps force closing and the keyboard is a bit slow or unresponsive with CyanogenMod v5.0.8DS?

12. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Noooo.

I'm guessing you didn't wipe all the data before you flashed CM. Run Fix UIDs from Recovery, hopefully that'll fix it. If not, wipe everything (backup, backup, backup first), and reflash CM and Gapps.

13. dasudevil

Nope I wiped. I noticed when i I removed beautiful Widgets it would still force close so I completely removed it and the phone has performed better.

What is this fix Quids tour talking about

14. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

It's the same as running fix_permissions in ADB, as far as I know. Reboot to recovery, select Other, and select Fix APK UIDs.

I guess I'm assuming you're using Amon-Ra's recovery, though. If not...run fix_permissions in terminal or through ADB.

dasudevil likes this.
  15. twiztid907

twiztid907 Active Member

which keyboard are u using? i would just fix the apk's as karma said than just reinstall the keyboard and beautiful widgets. if you are using the stock android keyboard, i can send you a couple different ones through gmail, just send something my way on gtalk again :)

dasudevil likes this.
  16. dasudevil

Did it seemed to make the phone run faster. However. after reinstalling beautiful widgets it still did the same. (wondering if it has something to do with me not paying for it) After that im sure its the widget itself. The keyboard is more responsive and mucho better. So whatever it did it at least fixed one. :p

In regards to the keyboard i use STOCK. yea i know im plain jane on that one. but for some reason i feel that stock runs better and actually types better. I have tried better keyboard that was fun till it stopped responding and then i would have to switch to stock, i have also tried HTC's one. That was weird to me.

Anyways if it was not for you two i would still be freaking out. OK OK i still do but you two for some reason give me the confidence in this.

Thank you both of you.