• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally! Offical Yahoo Messenger! + Mail

NSXLA

Oct 4, 2009
Los Angeles
Yahoo! Messenger for Android
by Yahoo! Inc.
<50 downloads, 0 ratings (0 avg)
Free
rating0.png
chart

Or here
Yahoo page.

Yahoo! Messenger for Android

Also Yahoo Mail
Yahoo! Mail for Android
by Yahoo! Inc.
<50 downloads, 0 ratings (0 avg)
Free
rating0.png
chart

Good question. I've had my yahoo account for I don't even know how long. +10yrs or something and I've always used it. although majority of my friends are still using AIM so that's really my main one. I just don't think Gtalk has caught up to AIM as far as user base is concerned...atleast not with my friends. Even though you can use Gtalk to chat with AIM users.

Upvote 0
How come people with Android phones don't migrate over to Gtalk more? This isn't a shot at the OP, as much as curiosity compelling me to ask

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

because most people I know don't have gtalk, they have yim. Also I prefer yahoo's video capabilities.

and yeah, like someone else asked, does this allow video streaming? that would be sweet if you could use it as a "webcam"

Upvote 0
I like that the Yahoo client allows me to get to all my folders (something the built-in client could not do). However, there are no controls over the Outbox. I found this out when my EVO sent the same test message 38 times. I tried to delete from my Outbox but the same message was unmodifiable and shown as unsent. Good thing I was sending to my wife and not a client. Guess I'll wait for version 1.01.

Upvote 0
I prefer Yahoo! Messenger too... But I loaded and run Meebo because it consolidates my Yahoo!, MSN and AIM friends all together...

i used to use ebuddy but for some reason it blocks half of my contacts (the bottom half down) and i can't send or receive messages to them, also it doesn't load all of my online contacts either :thinking: i tried looking up the problem to see if there was a solution but to no avail.

I liked ebuddy because of the interface, it's a lot smoother than this new yahoo. I guess it will take some getting used to but ebuddy has been removed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones