Finally played with an X today!

Last Updated:

1. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Walked into a Verizon store today and asked about the Droid X. The woman said they had none right now but it'll out on the ....yada yada yada. So I asked if they had a demo unit and to my surprise she said yes. One of their employees pulled it out of their pocket and handed it to me :)

First thing that struck me was how light it was compared to my Droid. Second thing was the screen crispness. The screen was very crisp for its size and the pixels were hardly discernible at normal reading distance (a little surprising considering the comments I've read about it). It reminded me of the HTC Incredible. The colors were also vivid and it was noticeably quicker than my rooted, overclocked Droid.

I played some Youtube videos and they were impressive: Big, crisp and much more comfortable to view than the Droid. So was web browsing. In both portrait and landscape mode a complete web page was easier to read and view.

The phone did not seem too big at all and the screen was very responsive.
    I didn't get to make a call or actually take a pic with it unfortunately but I have a good enough idea of what to expect.

I'm so getting this phone!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Forgot to add that the onscreen keyboard is the best I've ever used (yes even better than the iPhone's)and very responsive.

Advertisement
  2. Gummibands

Gummibands Well-Known Member

Thanks for mentioning the keyboard! This is something I was worried about being a physical keyboard user my entire dumbphone existance.

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

So does it blow the original Droid away? I've been thinking about getting one, but I'm waiting on a phone to really give me the "wow" factor much the same as my Droid did way back when..

"You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."

4. darreno1

Because it's big, has multi-touch and very good auto-correction, I can see most getting used to it very quickly. I used the physical fairly often on my Droid at first then after getting used to the on screen, I hardly ever touch it now. Another thing that's nice is the width of X in portrait mode. It's much easier to type compared to the skinny Droid.

5. darreno1

Well, you will need to get your hands on one and try it out but I wouldn't quite say it completely blows the Droid away - I don't think that's possible as it came first and is still very capable. However, the X is definitely a step up in many ways.