• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Finally rooted... no haptic feedback now?

gaw316

Jul 19, 2010
I finally decided to root my phone, installed titanium backup like I read... flashed CW recovery... then i decided to flash the DL09... reinstalled everything lol... rerooted, reflashed the CW recovery, but then I noticed haptic feedback wasn't working on my phone :-/...

anybody have any idea why this is?

I finally decided to root my phone, installed titanium backup like I read... flashed CW recovery... then i decided to flash the DL09... reinstalled everything lol... rerooted, reflashed the CW recovery, but then I noticed haptic feedback wasn't working on my phone :-/...

Do you have link for dl09 you loaded? It sounds like the problem people were having when going to dj05. The problems were having a dj05 rom but not radio

Upvote 0

did you flash a kernel as well? if you were on DI01 before and you didnt flash a kernel thats why

Upvote 0
I don't have setcpu so I can't check :-/... on the forums he posted it on though someone flashed "stupidfast 1.54" and everything worked they said... so I suppose I just do the same thing I did to flash DLO9... download the kernel, put it in PDA and flash that in download mode?
NO
kernels must be flashed in clockwork, you did install clockwork right?

Upvote 0
I don't have setcpu so I can't check :-/... on the forums he posted it on though someone flashed "stupidfast 1.54" and everything worked they said... so I suppose I just do the same thing I did to flash DLO9... download the kernel, put it in PDA and flash that in download mode?

Now I see you didnt flash dl09 you pushed it though odin. It should have had a kernel, rom, and radio.

Upvote 0
Yes I did... just went in and I'm downloading the stupidfast 1.54 kernel now.. after that I checked off back up current ROM, and clear cache... and hit ok.. and now it's prompting me to hit ok to go into recovery mode to continue the install.. which I haven't clicked yet.

If you are going into clockwork through rom manager its going to wipe data..

Upvote 0
my bad haha.. Sometimes I neglect things in order to be succinct while typing with my phone. I just deleted one of the tw files .. And I had fbook.sync on for contacts and calendar events and what not :( bad?
If you remove or rename tw launcher apk I forgot exactly what its called you lose the ability to sync FB. For me who doesnt use FB its well worth it since running just one launcher is superior to having multiple

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones