Finally rooted! Now what?? A few questions too.....

Last Updated:

1. Slovak

Slovak Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I finally took the plunge and rooted, also tested my root by downloading a couple root only apps from the market, so far all is good to go. I am a bit confused though on the whole nandroid backup thing. I followed the directions here to a tee. My question is, IF I were to do a nandroid backup, which ROM would be restored, the original 2.27.651.5???? I went step by step in those directions to root.
    2nd question, now that I am rooted, if I were to load a custom ROM, like say the ZenEXP-0.9.6.2 which I have read nice reviews on, what do I do, download the file and load it just as if I were loading an official ROM from Sprint?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Hwesta

Hwesta Member

I have no experience with this particular root but to answer your question the nandroid backup will backup the current image (so yes the original build).

To flash the rom follow the instructions provided by the developer.

3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

When you make a nandroid backup, it backups up whatever you currently have as the operating ROM on phone at the time you make the backup. So, If you haven't flashed any other ROM, yes the Sprint 2.27.651.5 will be in your backup.

To flash a rom, you need to download the rom to your sd card, and leave it as a zip file. Turn the phone off, then boot into "recovery" by holding home and power until you see then recovery menu, the flash the rom from your sd card.

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Make sure its on the root of the SD card though, can't be in any folders, depending on which recovery you use.