Finally understand how to sbf

1. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

It took watching some You Tube videos and I think I could do it now. Funny thing is I never thought of looking for You Tube videos on how to do it. Trying to figure it out by reading just frustrated me to no end. Looks easy a pie!

I'd encourage anyone still stuck on "how the ... " to just view a few videos.

I feel encouraged.....and stupid ;)

Advertisement
  2. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

Well, everyone has their own way of learning things, nothing wrong with that ;)
  3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

i rather watch a video than read, because i dun know how to read, (reading is for rich people btw)

but i learn better by seeing it done, or actually doing it, there are multiple types of learning, reading is one, seeing is one, hands on is another, hearing is i think the last.

im seeing and hands on.
  4. bouchigo

I'm good with all the methods, but I think hands on is the best :D:D:D
  5. bigbadwulff

I read very literal. So if someone writes something and what they wrote means one thing and what they MEAN is another, I'm screwed :)
    I also have a problem reading poor grammar. And it seems most developers have piss-poor grammar skills. The then/than thing kills me ;)

Thanks for your help with my other posts. You guys do a great job. I know it gets tedious trying to help someone out but we really appreciate what you do.

Well THAN ;), I'm gone.
  6. VoidedSaint

bud we are only hear (haha) to help, and most developers on this site, have very well written grammar, i don't believe their are any poor grammar individuals on the DX forum side, but that's from what i have noticed.
  7. VoidedSaint

besides that i hate look at the facebook widget on my phone, and there is a girl who is abbreviating every other word she types, or just cannot spell in general, then gets pissy when someone corrects her, i will give you an example when i get home what i did to this girl, after i got fed up from reading the sludge she kept posting
  8. bouchigo

I don't have facebook, don't need it :D
  9. esemes

esemes Well-Known Member

Congrats... its a valuable tool to have. Kinda makes it easy to undo the next things I screw with... learned of it hear two.
  10. VoidedSaint

The Idiot
    ok just for nick I am going to spell the right way like a fork for the next few days let's see if I can
    July 9 at 9:57pm via BlackBerry
  11. rehpyc

rehpyc Well-Known Member

Even your grammar was still wrong with correcting her first sentence :x
  12. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i learned how to tie a tie via youtube. ...

with that said just so my comment is related to the topic. I sbf'ed a few weeks ago via the boot/cd thingy and i gotta say that was the way to go. I've done both methods and i much prefer that one.
  13. esemes

esemes Well-Known Member

Is it really easier than just tethering and running rsd ?
  14. Bugly

Bugly VIP Member VIP Member

Funny, I learned how to tie a tie from a cop in Seattle, when I was on leave from basic training and (apparently) my tie looked like a snake trying to have relations with my neck. There was no intertoobs back then, though, so I hadda learn the hard way...
  15. VoidedSaint

how was it wrong? please point it out so i can correct myself :)

i only did this to her cause if you happen to be friends with her, it gets aggravating, seeing someone spell the way she does and thinks its correct.. ugh i cant stand it when someone spells knows, nos, its without a doubt nerve wrecking
  16. bouchigo

Maybe she's thinking in car terms "NOS" :p:D
  17. VoidedSaint

maybe so, but she doesnt need to be that big of an idiot when trying to spell, ok big deal about not wanting to take the extra half a second to hit the k then no and hit w before the s

omg, how can typing knows be so difficult?
  18. bouchigo

She probably figures people will understand what she's saying even though it isn't spelled correctly :D
  19. VoidedSaint

well yeah maybe so but she looks ignorant when she is constantly doing that, that was only one post i had found, there are more where others are saying he is just trying to help you out, that and she isnt exactly what you call a smart girl, but gotta coach her up a little :p
  20. bouchigo

I told you, you like to help people :p
  21. VoidedSaint

its in my nature, to help others, but even when i do help others, in person, it usually backfires on me. i dunno why, but alot of people dont appreciate the help they get
  22. bouchigo

Such is life, some people just don't want to be helped.
  23. VoidedSaint

those people are buttheads
  24. bouchigo

Maybe, I suppose...
  25. bigbadwulff

What I usually tell people that don't want to be helped(take constructive criticism poorly) is this: "What would be easier for me to do? Nothing? Or confront you with criticism to try to make you better?"
    Yeah, it would be a LOT easier to do nothing and not care about you. Rather than put my self in the position of you hating me for you thinking I'm making fun of you or embarrassing you. Sometimes that gets their attention but most times they can't even comprehend that.