1. HUGE Androidforums.com UPDATE! Learn what's new (and download the new app!)
    Dismiss Notice

Finally updated to the official 2.1 (V20A OCT05) Can anyone verify some problems ?Support (Browse All)

Last Updated:

1. Kostas

Kostas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This morning the official update came out. I was one of those people who didnt want to try the baltic version so i waited. Has any of you installed it ? I ve been having a few problems so I was wondering if any of you have had similar experiences

1) The Sims 3 (preinstalled) and Angry Birds(beta, from the market) always crash after the splash screen is displayed
    2)Sometimes when i hit the home button the home screen is empty and the phone unresponsive.After a few seconds the icons and widgets appear while the phone is still unresponsive and then after a second or two i regain control. This Happened with the old firmware as well. Also it takes several seconds to load the call log and contacts screens (again,sometimes)
    3) This is not exactly a problem but now when set the writing language to something other than English, the English keyboard disappears and each time i have to write something in English i have to change the writing language back to English (even for a single word) which is just a terrible waste of time. Does anyone know a way around this? I would really appreciate some hints

Advertisement
  2. georgis4

georgis4 New Member

1)yes to me too (angry birds also didnt work even with baltic)
    2)call log also sometimes kind of delays (not much of a problem)
    3)press and hold the letter you want so you can choose greek or english letter (ελληνικο η αγγλικο αδερφε!:p )

3. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

gonna update mine in a mo but

2. On 1.6 my call log is always slow!

4. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

ah - the UK version is still not out - is it the greek version you are using?

5. Kostas

Kostas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes but at first i didnt know it was only released in greece (apparently)

I dont think it should take long for the other versions to come out. This has already taken waaay too long