Finally used my navigation on my ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. gemmy

gemmy Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am still trying to justify the expense of a smartphone. But for the 2nd time it came in very handy. We were on a day trip and on our way back when my husband and I both noticed that we did not remember going over a bridge we went over. He siad well, take out that smartphone of yours and find out where we are. So I spoke into the Navigation app and told it where we wanted to go and it gave us turn by turn directions how to get back to where we took the wrong turn. I did not know we had "voice turn by turn" on the Eris. But now I do it worked great. I guess that came with the 2.1 upgrade. I did have to plug it in because my battery was almost in need of a charge but luckily I brought the charger cord. :D

Advertisement
  2. marshall1084

marshall1084 Member

The navigation was what I was waiting for when I got the 2.1 update. In my opinion, it makes it totally worth it considering on other phones (made by a company named after the fruit) you have to pay for navigation. It may not be perfect, but it comes in handy, and best of all, it's free. Praise be the Google!

3. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

Navigation on the eris is excellent. On par with Garmin or TomTom. Though the other day it had me turn into a dead end and kept telling me to make a left turn into a tree, but I backed up and turned going the opposite direction it had originally told me to go and then got "REROUTING...." and then came up with a new set of directions that went around that block and got back onto the road I was looking for.

I also find that having navigation this good allows me some freedom. Many times when I'm in an unfamiliar neighborhood or city. I'll give it a set of directions on where I'll eventually need to be and then just go exploring, looking at houses, investigating etc. I'll turn down the volume and when I'm ready to leave the area I'll just turn the volume back up and start following the directions. Or I'll zoom out and look for any interesting things in the area (lakes, ponds, creeks)

I think my wife likes that feature also since she likes to look at houses and get ideas for the house we'll eventually get and we don't get lost in suburbia.

4. ynozoe1014

ynozoe1014 Member

google navigation is the best. True dat. Double true.

5. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Mine, and my wife's (she got an Incredible) just took us to VA, then Philly, then Atlantic City, then NY, then back to Florida. And I can't even count how many times we used the navigation to get us around the various cities we were in. Definately worth having!!